Overstock Wetsuit Sale! WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divetank Dive Shop:
We have over 100 wetsuits in all different sizes that we need to clear out! Everything in our shop is on sale for the Holiday Season.

Bare 7mm Arctic SGS Full suit, retail $379, now $189 BRAND NEW!

Bare 5/4 Velocity Full Suit, retail $229, now $149 BRAND NEW!

These are just a couple examples of all the wetsuits we have! Phone us for most current update and sizes, toll free 1-877-89SCUBA ext 2 or email us at customerservice@divetank.com

visit our website www.divetank.com or www.divetank.net
I am interested in a new wetsuit, but I have concerns when I see dealers like yourself that seem willing to violate the pricing policies for manufacturers. If you are un-willing to follow pricing guidelines, why should I trust your service and warranty policies? It would seem that trust between dealer and manufacturer would be the first sign of business integrity. Being the cheapest price does not give me the confidence that should an issue occur, that you will have the kind of relationship with the manufacturer that can solve my potential warranty issues. I think I would prefer to deal with a dive retailer that follows pricing policies, and maintains the integrity of a business/manufacturer relationship. This is just my opinion, but it says a lot to me about down the line protection versus "cheapest price" mentallity.

txharleydiver:
I am interested in a new wetsuit, but I have concerns when I see dealers like yourself that seem willing to violate the pricing policies for manufacturers. If you are un-willing to follow pricing guidelines, why should I trust your service and warranty policies? It would seem that trust between dealer and manufacturer would be the first sign of business integrity. Being the cheapest price does not give me the confidence that should an issue occur, that you will have the kind of relationship with the manufacturer that can solve my potential warranty issues. I think I would prefer to deal with a dive retailer that follows pricing policies, and maintains the integrity of a business/manufacturer relationship. This is just my opinion, but it says a lot to me about down the line protection versus "cheapest price" mentallity.

What makes you think he's subject to the same dealer agreement that U.S. dealers sign?

DIVE TANK is a long time Apollo Dealer and adheres to all programs and policies.You can trust them.

I purchased a Bare wetsuit from Divetank a couple of months ago. One of the seams was torn and Shannen provided awesome customer service to help me with the problem. They ended up sending me another suit immediately, since I had a trip planned for the following week and would not have time to return the suit before getting a replacement. Anyway, Divetank is a great company run by a bunch of great people. Their customer service is great when needing information about a product or help with one you already purchased. Since they are in Canada, I don't think they are bound by the same rules as US dealers. I have also purchased an Apeks ATX200 reg and Suunto SK7 compass from them and plan to send them my reg set when it is time for the annual service. Richard and Shannen are great people and I'm glad to see them here on Scubaboard.

Thanks for the notes everyone!

To answer the questions regarding pricing and policies, we have been in business since 1978, so we're not a "fly-by-night" operation and stand behind our satisfaction and fit guarantees and all our other policies relating to exchanges. We're a fully authorized dealer for everything we sell and always have been.

Unlike some businesses that do sales on the internet, we are a full-service dive shop with a compressor and dive instructors. We are the second largest Bare dealer for all of North America. These are all clearance and show-room-display model suits, and as an example, the 7mm Arctic SGS full suit has been discontinued for 2005, so there is no minimum-advertised-pricing policy.

If you have any other concerns, or if I didn't address something, feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Shannen

My wife got her Bare Arctic SGS from Divetank two years ago, and we were very satisfied with both their service and the quality of the suit. I've dealt with the folks at the Vancouver store and they were quite friendly.

mdb:
DIVE TANK is a long time Apollo Dealer and adheres to all programs and policies.You can trust them.

This may be true... and I've not heard any complaints about them - seem to be a credit to the industry... but actually in this case... yes, they are violating the Bare Map agreement... and according to Bare, it's the same for Canada and the US. As they pointed out in their post - no problem on the one suit, but the Velocity 5/4 is a bit low at that price... and saying that they are show models.... but you have 100's...

But really, it doesn't work out to much different than where we sell them at anyway... if you look at the Map and take off the SB discount, you're within a few bucks of their price anyway..., then the shipping US vs. Canada makes it probably a wash - I've had several SB Members call and ask for a price match... It's not much different, so I don't think anyone needs to scream for the MAP police.... but officially they are violating their policy.

But this should not have any ramifications for the consumer buying a suit from them.

Looking for a 7mm myself - 5'9" 190 Size = ML?

Desert Pig:
Looking for a 7mm myself - 5'9" 190 Size = ML?

Hey, I figured I would chime in as I am a few lbs less (very few)than you and found the large fit a bit better.... It is a close call. Half my Bare suits are Large, half are ML.

Thanks everyone for the replies. In response to the concerns over MAP Policy, these wetsuits are all clearance stock, meaning older models, or ones that have been sitting in the showroom that have been tried on but never bought, and all older wetsuits do not have a MAP policy. We have 3 warehouses full of product so it's very real that we have over 100 suits that we wanted to move along.
Thankfully, with awesome members of Scubaboard, we were able to move along almost all the suits. I may have some sizes left, but the best way to check is to call us at the shop, toll free 1-877-89SCUBA.

Thanks,

Karen

Back
Top Bottom