Overhauling Used Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm getting a used tri-lam drysuit and I plan on replacing the neck seal, wrist seals and the input and exhaust valve. Who sells a good replacement kit for the seals and does anyone have a recommendation on where to get the valves? I want to make sure this suit is in very good condition before diving it. The suit doesn't leak, but the seals and valves are about 5 years old so I want to replace them whether they need to be or not.

Any shop that sells drysuits can get you seals and valves. Or you can go directly to the manuf. to get your seals or find dealers.
If you are planning on doing the work yourself you could order them from any online shop that sells seals and valves or you could send it to a drysuit repair company or to the manuf. to do the work for you.

As far as the valves go, unless they are bad, they should not need replacing. Possibly just an overhaul and cleaning.

I would recommend Superior Drysuit Repair.

OS Systems will sell you the seals, glue and tools used to do the wrist and neck seals. Valves can by purchased by just about any dry suit dealer.

Back
Top Bottom