Overboard Discharge..easy to install

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EliotD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have heard different things from different people, anyone actually installed an "overboard discharge" valve on their drysuit? How easy is it?

hi, i've installed them in both of my whites drysuits. 1, a 7mm neoprene, and a 4mm crushed neoprene. piece of cake to install, follow the instructions, buy a ballanced system, not an unbalanced, IMHO. ken "drink lots of fluids & pee freely"

Also, don't forget about the post dive maintenance- flush some water through the p-valve to purge out all that icky nastiness outta there. The main reason is that it will also cut down on your chances of getting an infection. I've read that some people use diluted bleach. vinegar, or something else. I just use water squirted with a condiment bottle that has the right size tip.

do it easy:
Also, don't forget about the post dive maintenance- flush some water through the p-valve to purge out all that icky nastiness outta there. The main reason is that it will also cut down on your chances of getting an infection. I've read that some people use diluted bleach. vinegar, or something else. I just use water squirted with a condiment bottle that has the right size tip.

DIE ... do you do that after each and every dive, or at the end of the day?

Divin'Hoosier:
DIE ... do you do that after each and every dive, or at the end of the day?
Geez, now we're getting into the personal questions- I flush the p-valve whenever I hang up the suit after diving at the end of the day, but if I'm on a weekend trip, I'm lazy and only do it at the end.

do it easy:
Geez, now we're getting into the personal questions- I flush the p-valve whenever I hang up the suit after diving at the end of the day, but if I'm on a weekend trip, I'm lazy and only do it at the end.

:blush: It is kinda like asking how often you change your underware, isn't it.

do it easy:

:hmmm: I will refrain from what I was going to say, TOS violation without a doubt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom