Outrageous V Openings Summer 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the COVID situation like there? I just cancelled my FL trip the week of July 26, and would like to go somewhere less risky.

IMO, not as bad as FL but there are the usual risks. NC also has a mandatory mask wear order in place.

IMO, not as bad as FL but there are the usual risks. NC also has a mandatory mask wear order in place.
Thank you. I believe that I will postpone my vacation for a bit.

Another question, is a reel required/recommended on the deep wrecks?

I have been out with DD before and it was a great time. Since I am now getting back into diving again after a long break, I may not be able to make any ocean dives until mid August. How late in the season do you all run? Are they still going out in September and October?

From my dive:
MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg
Ruth.jpg
MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg

Another question, is a reel required/recommended on the deep wrecks?
Ed, most of the wrecks there are pretty old. Many have been broken into pieces by time. hurricanes, etc. Penetration would be pretty dicey for many of them. Maybe someone can correct me, but my understanding was that no penetration was recommneded.

Reactions: EdC
We had three awesome days with Discovery this week. We were able to dive the Aeolus three times and would do it three more, the U352, the Caribsea and the Pappoose. Weather, seas, and marine life were about as perfect as one could want and @rlskill1 and crew were a pleasure.

I have been out with DD before and it was a great time. Since I am now getting back into diving again after a long break, I may not be able to make any ocean dives until mid August. How late in the season do you all run? Are they still going out in September and October?
Both boats will run thru October if there are groups willing to go. From November on, mostly The 6pack goes.

T
Ed, most of the wrecks there are pretty old. Many have been broken into pieces by time. hurricanes, etc. Penetration would be pretty dicey for many of them. Maybe someone can correct me, but my understanding was that no penetration was recommneded.[/QUOTE
No penetration of the Sub. Aeolus, Spar, and Tugs are open to penetration

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom