Outrageous V Openings Summer 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlskill1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Outrageous V will be running trips this summer out of Discovery Diving in Beaufort NC. Plenty of openings still available throughout the summer. Groups or Walk-ons welcome. Contact Discovery Diving at 252-728-2265 to reserve a spot. I will be on board as boat crew, so come see me and let's go diving.
87016913_106842980910101_950533033482518528_n.jpg

Myself and 2 buddies Including @Scuba-74 are booked third week In July. It looks like the first dive on the 19th will be the U-352. We have a rough idea of the operation deep wreck first tank, shallower second dive on the way in) but could you break down the normal procedure for day trips?

Check-in on the morning of your arrival. Usually 1hr before departure time. If you are there the day before, check in and get your rentals and paperwork completed.
Bring all your gear, food, water and snacks.
Load all gear in AM. Boat ride is usually 2 hrs to first wreck. Boat is tied into wreck, a wreck line is placed from boat to wreck. Descend and ascend this line. Make safety stop. No deco allowed. Back on board, crew unties from wreck and boat motors over to 2nd site. Crew ties in. You get 1.5 hrs surface interval. Same procedure, down line to wreck and then back up for safety stop. Board boat. Usually back at dock by 3pm. Tanks are unloaded and filled if you are staying multiple days. Plan on coming back to shop that evening to analyze tanks if on Nitrox. They usually bank 29-30%. Crew does not setup your gear nor do they guide dives. If you want to reserve a dive guide they are available with prior reservation thru shop. Most wrecks offshore are 100-115'. Second dive if on Aeolus is 85-110'. Inshore wrecks less than 70'. Let me know if you have more questions. See you in July!

Thank you, it’s always nice to have the local flavor beforehand. What is the normal dive time? Back on the boat in 1hr ish. Probably a moot point at 100.

Are you on rebreathers? There are no deco dives. So, planned dive time should be reasonable for Nitrox or air gas fill.

We will be OC, that’s why I mentioned a time limit was probably moot, just curious.

We will be OC, that’s why I mentioned a time limit was probably moot, just curious.
You will be OK, Dive your computer plan n profile, make your safety stop, no deco, monitor gas consumption, and the day should be fine. You are not time constrained but we do monitor what a Divers basic dive time should be while they are off the boat.

We will be in town July 24-28, would love to make a U352 dive. I will be calling the shop today or tomorrow.

I’m going to open myself to ridicule but I have a shark question. I am not one of those super comfortable around them and have very limited experience, just nurses and some Caribbean reef sharks.

My question is how to behave around the sharks that frequent the NC wrecks, what should I expect and how should I act? Do they more or less ignore you, you mind your business and they mind theirs. How to handle close encounters etc.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I am not well versed in shark etiquette and don’t want to commit a faux pas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom