OtterBay Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stickysidedown

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just wanted to give a public big thumbs up to Crickett at Otter Bay Suits.

I purchased one of her 12mm custom hoods and couldn't be happier with the product.

My girlfriend has one as well and loves it!

I never thought I could actually have a warm head in Monterey!

I highly reccomend stopping by the shop!

12mm? Yikes, does it take 10 pounds of lead just to sink the hood? :)

But yeah, Otter Bay is a good place. Cricket fixed a busted zipper on my wetsuit in about 5 minutes.

Nathan

Dannobee has a 12 mm, too. He needs it with his bald head and all! :rofl3::rofl3:

I have one of her 7 mm, with kitty ears on it. The seals really like the kitty ears. :blinking:

I swear by the 12mm hood too. We were at 78 feet in 46 degree water for a fairly long dive and I was...WARM! Drysuit, dry gloves, and some thick undies (2 layers) helped too.

No need to even go by the shop if you want one of the warmest custom made hoods at a very fair price. A few measurements and she will mail you one soon enough.

Dannobee has a 12 mm, too. He needs it with his bald head and all! :rofl3::rofl3:

I have one of her 7 mm, with kitty ears on it. The seals really like the kitty ears. :blinking:

When I read this I almost fell off my seat, you are too much :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I saw Dannobees 12mm hood at Lobos, I took a look at the thickness and was amazed that he adds it to his drysuit. It's super thick and I was impressed but I wonder how bouyant that is.

My 7 mil hooded vest from Pinnacles' is thin in comparison to the 12 mil otter but it's Merino linning inside makes it so warm.

I'm yet to feel any discomfort on the head, I've dove 48 degrees at 60 feet. I really think the merino helps out in warmth without the extra neoprene.

I can only think of one body part that requires 12mm of protection.

:)

What kind of sensitivity would you get with 12mm of protection? :11: And what kind of people are you hanging with that would require that much protection?

Or would that be the length?

Actually, with the 12mm hood I didn't require any additional weight. I dive with 12 lbs of lead, that's with a drysuit, a steel HP100 tank, and a 6 lb backplate.

:shakehead:
What kind of sensitivity would you get with 12mm of protection? :11: And what kind of people are you hanging with that would require that much protection?

Or would that be the length?

You are soooo BAD!!! :no

I have one of their hoods as well - the way I look at it is the 12mm hood helps take weight off instead of putting it on.....because we lose so much heat through our heads that the warmer my head is then the less insulation I need to pack on elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom