Otter Lake, Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a quick update...

Merri... ScottTee... and myself dove Otter Lake Sunday afternoon (8-24-08). It was a nice dive. There is a $5.00 entry fee into the park. We parked down by the boat dock and did a shore entry from there. Definately need a dive float as there is lots of traffice on the small lake. Lots of jet ski's running all over. There is a sunken boat just off shore at about 25 feet of water. The compass reading from just left of the boat dock was 15 degrees. It currently is marked with a small bottle. Off the stern is a guide line leading to deeper water. Following the line out you drop down to about 46 feet. Once you drop through the thermoclines it gets REALLY cold. ScottTee's watch said it got down to 39 degrees. Along the line you will see a smaller row boat and at the end of the line you will find a wooded crate (kinda anti-climactic for the temps!). Be careful not to touch the bottom (very silty bottom) or stir up the water too much. Once stirred up, the visibility goes to just about nothing! All in all we ended up with 42 mins of down time and had a really good time. Thanks Merri and ScottTee... I enjoyed diving with both of you. Let me know if you want to plan something else! I'm game!

Thanks Mike! Yeah wad a good time, even if there isn't a lot to see and it is cold! lol
Still working on some other sites to dive locally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom