OTS Guardian and Miflex hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the double post but I have a few other quick questions:

Does the rounded visor cause any distortion of the underwater view (I'm into u/w photography)?

Do you think that gauge reader lens could be fitted in one lower corner of the visor?
Thanks again
RR

I know that the reg does have a standard fitting on it so a miflex should be fine.

I'm not sure on the rounded (mine's coming in next week), I thought the visor was flat?

TC:
I know that the reg does have a standard fitting on it so a miflex should be fine.

I'm not sure on the rounded (mine's coming in next week), I thought the visor was flat?

TC
Thanks for the hose info
I would be very interested to hear your impression of the mask when you get it!
Cheers
RR

Not much feedback here from OTS!
Fortunately I have been able to obtain most of the info I need from other sources and it sounds like they have a good product that I am just about to put an order on.
But it would have been nice to have some attention here from the manufacturer, especially on a website that is likely the biggest on-line diving forum on the planet.
Anyway, probably the only feedback I really need to have now is an opinion from somebody not related to the manufacturer who has actually dived the mask- what is the WOB like? What is the field of view like? comfort? Does it stay fog free? How easy is it to take off, remove the mask and and then replace/clear underwater.
It's about time someone independent did a full review of the mask- although I suspect it is probably very similar in function to the AGA.
I've been looking for a little something different with my diving lately so if I buy the OTS guardian I will dive it as much as possible on Grand Turk in July and write a full report on SB so that others can benefit from my experimentation (hopefully having a s...t load of fun in the process).
got gas? better than no gas!
RR

I spoke to John Hott at OTS today who very patiently answered all my questions and more.
In fact he seems like a thoroughly knowledgeable and nice guy - thanks for all the info John!
So I was feeling pretty confident about my purchase of the Guardian FFM but not expecting it to turn up for another day or so when the doorbell suddenly rang and there it was!
Super fast service from Scubatoys as always, they are a force to be reckoned with in on-line sales and have always provided a great level of customer support to me.

The mask looks and feels great- I haven't a lot of time to examine it very carefully but I am very pleased with the apparent quality.
My initial impression is that it feels comfortable on the face and should seal well for me- but I'll know for sure in a few days when I get it in the pool.

RR

Mine arrived last week- looks good, just haven't been in the water with it yet.

Not much feedback here from OTS!
Fortunately I have been able to obtain most of the info I need from other sources and it sounds like they have a good product that I am just about to put an order on.
But it would have been nice to have some attention here from the manufacturer, especially on a website that is likely the biggest on-line diving forum on the planet.
Anyway, probably the only feedback I really need to have now is an opinion from somebody not related to the manufacturer who has actually dived the mask- what is the WOB like? What is the field of view like? comfort? Does it stay fog free? How easy is it to take off, remove the mask and and then replace/clear underwater.
It's about time someone independent did a full review of the mask- although I suspect it is probably very similar in function to the AGA.
I've been looking for a little something different with my diving lately so if I buy the OTS guardian I will dive it as much as possible on Grand Turk in July and write a full report on SB so that others can benefit from my experimentation (hopefully having a s...t load of fun in the process).
got gas? better than no gas!
RR

Not sure if i count as 'not related to manufacturer' as I used to work for OTS. Let me see if I can help.

What is the WOB like? I haven't tried one in a year or so, but at that time it was in my opinion comparable or slightly easier than an AGA.
What is the field of view like? comfort?

Does it stay fog free? Like the AGA, inhaled gas is routed up through a set of vents at the base of the visor across the visor itself (like a defroster on a car) and then through one way valves into the oral-nasal pocket. This effectively keeps the lense free of fog (no expired gas would hit the visor AND of course, dry air is moving across the surface of the visor).

How easy is it to take off, remove the mask and and then replace/clear underwater. It requires a little more training than a normal mask clear, but with little practice can be done fairly easily and effectively. Here is a link to John doff an AGA FFM, switching to a back-up half mask and reg, and then replacing the AGA FFM.
The process for a Guardian is essentially the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom