Other Texas Scuba Parks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait:
Hey, check out www.fatboyscuba.com. He's got some real good trip reports on good clear water diving in ARK. Not too far for a weekend.

Regards,

I'm unable to get that link to work. Anyone else having probs with it? Hints, Cudabait? Thanks,
Foo

Maybe it's just down for awhile. That is thr right link, and that website has been there forever.......

Could you get it?

In the future-
Rumor has it that A&M is to sink there older ship some where in South Texas. Yet, to hear specifics about that; more to come.

The USS Oriskany (ex- US aircraft carrier) is to be sunk off of Pensacola Fl. and I am already looking to put together a group of divers for a weekend trip. 12hour drive (max.) it would be probably a three day trip. Leave Friday early return Sunday. The site is a far ways out (25 miles off shore- off the top of my head.) The outing is for advanced divers only! Flight deck will be an estimated 100ft and lower flight deck is at an estimated 130ft. Overhead environment and great site for wreck, photo, and decompression.
Will advice as things develop[/QUOTE]

I'd pull this with you if I would be invited :), I'm all for a weekend road warrior dive trip, problem is finding people crazy enough to do it with me, drive out dive drive back, I've got a quad cab long bed diesel that works well for this kind of nonsense, plenty of room and good fuel consumption to boot, I've pulled 2,600 miles in one weekend, left after work on friday and was back to work on monday. I also know another overhead diver that would be crazy enough to pull a road warrior trip.

I dove Blue Lagoon a few times last year, haven't been there this year. Visability was 15-20' when first arrived, but a couple classes were there and soon vis was 5-10'. Mud and rock bottom with very little structure. The water has a turquoise hue due to the chemicals from the surrounding rocks and soil and has a very high alkalinity so therefore there is no aquatic life except for some very small crustaceans of some sort that I saw on one of the sunken boats. It is basically a place to do training dives. I enjoyed camping there, but there is no water or electricity.

I dove STillhouse Hollow Lake this past weekend. It's located between Belton and Killeen just south of Hiway 190 a few miles west of Belton. Vis was 8-10', lower in some spots. The area we dove was a structureless bottom basically mud and rocks. You could tell the platform had not been used in a long time. There was a rope that led from the platform in a circle to a kayak, boat, motorcycle, etc that were off the main rope connected to it by other ropes. It was difficult to get to the platform. You had to park near the road, dress, trek about 50 yds to the waters edge, swim about 200 yds, take a compass heading from a rock on the shore, swim another 100yds or so to the platform. It's out that far because that is where it finally got deep enough. My max depth was 35', temp at that depth was 79. Looks like to find the better dive spots you'd need a boat.

As far as "The Oasis" goes have never been there and can't say I know of anyone that has ever been there.

FIXXERVI6:
In the future-

I'd pull this with you if I would be invited :), I'm all for a weekend road warrior dive trip, problem is finding people crazy enough to do it with me, drive out dive drive back, I've got a quad cab long bed diesel that works well for this kind of nonsense, plenty of room and good fuel consumption to boot, I've pulled 2,600 miles in one weekend, left after work on friday and was back to work on monday. I also know another overhead diver that would be crazy enough to pull a road warrior trip.

Hey man!
Andrew is Crazyduck for all sites that I join in. (You watch famous last words.)
I run the Tx Cave section at Cavediver and I use this handle at other places.

We need to catch up, I missed that last Neptune meeing.
I have been working on some thoughts...

Plus, I know a couple of people who want to do some deep dives.
Well, more like advanced Nitrox dives.

Catch you later, Andrew

"Plus, I know a couple of people who want to do some deep dives.
Well, more like advanced Nitrox dives." Andrew

Let me know what your plans are,,,might be interested. Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom