OT - Viva Italia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skink

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
This is not a diving thread but wanted to say Congrats to The Captain on Italy's World Cup win. So Dario have you come back to Earth yet?

I watched more of this World Cup than any I have in the past and really enjoyed it.

Congrats again, enjoy it.

Skink, next time we meet one beer is offered by me! Overall we deserved to win the Championship, a lot of good players, few mistakes, someone to blame (De Rossi and Materazzi, depending if and how badly provoked Zidane). I'm a fan of Zidane but his reaction is to blame also becouse it was not the first time for him to do this kind of things to the opposing players.

We lost other finals againts les blues, we lost some matches at PK shoots (agaist Brazil here in US), we nedeed and deserved to win one!
Allez les blues :) , Forza Azzurri!:) :) :)

italy played solidly throughout the cup... only one team (France) scored on them (the US own goal doesn't count).

on Sunday, France actually played slightly better than Italy, but things didn't fall their way. nevertheless, Italy deserves to win a very even game.

i was rooting for Italy all the way. hope we don't have to wait until 2028 for the next one!

I agree with Andy on all but the playing part. While Italy had some trouble in the middle France had some tics of their own.

This was a difficult Cup for me (the only Italian) as our week was spent with French and Portugese Nationals and my German/Irish husband.

I fell off the back of the couch personally announcing the second Italian goal in the italy/germany match

and actually watched the final Sunday by myself (I fell asleep 10 min before the matcha fter a 3 hr dive) and then went to meet the rest of the gang at a bar-b-Q,( my husband said I would wake up at the first goal)

So Captain, I am with you on celebrating this Cup

From what I understand it was a good match all round ,I suspect you were with them all the way Dario.Viva Italia.:D

It was a fun game to watch. The game I probably enjoyed the most was the Germany - Italy game. Being of German descent and them being the underdog I was pulling for Germany. I was a dissapointed in the end, but it was an exciting match.

I was pulling for Italy in the final as I thought they were the most consistent team throughout the tournament and deserved the trophy.

I'll take you up on that Beer Dario, hopefully I can make the next happy hour.

Since Dario couldn't go diving because he had to watch the game, I'm sure I'll hear about it all the way to the Keys on Friday!:D

frogman_5:
Since Dario couldn't go diving because he had to watch the game, I'm sure I'll hear about it all the way to the Keys on Friday!:D

Are you kidding... We're sharing a room... I'm the one who will hear all about it! :14:

Congrats to your team and entire country... it was hard earned.

Congrates Dario, Italy had a pretty rough go of it in the Cup, but I think the better team won.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom