OS Systems drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rileymartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone own or know of anyone that owns a drysuit by OS Systems (www.ossystems.com)? A local diveshopt deals with them but doesn't have any in stock. I was wondering of anyone has any experience with their drysuits. Someone also recommended the mares polar fit as another lower cost alternative to some of the higher priced brands. I was interested in a trilam suit so I could avoid having to strap on all that weight to compensate for a neoprene or even a crushed neoprene drysuit. Thanks.

Riley

I have been diving an OS Systems HD Pro for going on 5 years. Replaced seals once a year ago and no issues since. Mine is a semi custom. The OS undergarments are nice but I replaced my heavy one with a Pinnacle merino. Much more comfy under the ice and in Lake Erie. The suit is very well made and rugged. Not like a crushed neo but no slouch either. With a steel 95 and my DSS singles rig with the weight plates I need an extra 4-6 lbs on the belt with the Merino undies. With the OS I don't require any extra weight.

Depending on your size, I've got some exceptional pricing on Diving Concepts Drysuits. DUI calibur suits for less than what you'd pay for a Bare or White's type drysuit.

The Mares special ended this week and they were limited on their mens sizes, but a great deal at 1/2 price.

One thing you may notice though with a shell suit is you're actually wearing as much or more weight with the shell vs. crushed, because the air doesn't trap in the neo suits. When I used to dive with singles, I took 8lbs off going to a crushed neoprene suit. Not sure now if I was overweighted before, but they do require less weight.

OS Systems is a standard basic no bells or whistles type drysuit. PM me or email me at my dive store email: matt@dansdiveshop.ca and we can discuss options in greater detail.

I used dry suits for whitewater kayaking that are similar to OS dry suits in that extra material is gathered up and wrapped around the waist.

I hated that design. It interfered with bending over and restricted my breathing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom