Oronogo Sept. 1&2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if anyone wants to come dive with a few of us on Sept. 1&2? So far, looks like there might be 4 or five of us down there. Everyone is welcome.

Please post a report I heard that the vis was not that great now.

nauifins73:
Please post a report I heard that the vis was not that great now.

It wasn't THAT bad two weeks ago when I went, the week before that it was horrible though. It sucks until your below 30 feet 60% of the times I go.

So far, everytime that I have been there the vis is pretty rough until you hit 50-60 ft.
From there on down, it improves. But I will be sure to post a report. At least the air temp. will be down a little!

I am packing up right now. It looks to be a good day to dive. The heat has broken and the sky is blue.

See y'all out there!

Was a good day, looking forward to day 2.

Report: Vis wasn't THAT bad, I quoted 20ft to some iowa divers that were there.. but it was probably 10-20 50ft and below. Since my mask is fogged 90% of the time, i'm happy with 5ft :) I'm always like WOW this vis is horrible, then I flood and clear my mask........ lol

Remember: Real men dive w/ a pink dive light.

Dark Wolf:
So far, everytime that I have been there the vis is pretty rough until you hit 50-60 ft.
From there on down, it improves. But I will be sure to post a report. At least the air temp. will be down a little!

It was a good day to dive. The temp was down so the exposure suits didn't kill you getting to the water. It was very sunny. I got sunburned like I do when I dive.

We were the first ones down on the first dive and had 10 foot vis to 60 feet and then it got to 20 feet. First dive was to the cabin cruiser, up the road past the 4 doors to the plane and then back past other points of interest to the exit. I missed the cabin cruiser for the first time and had to adjust course, and then we found her. I think Dark Wolf got some good pics at the cabin cruiser and plane.

Second dive was a tour of other local interests in less frequently dived areas. Vis is a lot better if you dive away from everyone else! It helps to be first down, too!

As Brandon about his hillbilly knife holder!:rofl3: :rofl3:

It was good to see Walt and Sharlene again too!

Peace Out!

DivingCRNA:
As Brandon about his hillbilly knife holder!:rofl3: :rofl3:
I'll go ahead and explain this now:

My brother bought me a dive knife for being one of his groomsmen in his wedding. Like most guys, instead of buying a small tactical knife.. he picked pretty large one. Well... it's setup to be connected to a weight belt.. and well I use a integrated bc.. so I had to find some place to stick it.

First dive: I zip it to my right upper d-ring.

In an attempt to move the way too much crap I had on the left side that I had to sort through to get to my computer.. I moved stuff around on the second dive.. and lost the space where I did have the knife.

So bright idea number 1: Zip tie it to my left leg.. zipped it down to where it was nearly cutting off circulation.. just so it wouldn't go anywhere. Completely spaced out the fact that wet suits compress at depth.

In the water we go.. drop down.. about half way into the dive ( fairly deep ) it comes loose... I got worried about it, and didn't want to lose it.. so for awhile I just ran on one fin, using my left arm to compensate so I wouldn't just spin circles :) After awhile, I got tired of it and signalled.. Thankfully, instead of being mean and tightening the zip ties ( which would have been very painful on the surface ) they just cut them off and handed me the knife.

Lesson of the day: Where as zip ties are a wonderful invention, they are a bad idea for fastening items to one's body.

I'm an idiot.. yes I know.

Brandon Belew:
I'll go ahead and explain this now:

... After awhile, I got tired of it and signalled.. Thankfully, instead of being mean and tightening the zip ties ( which would have been very painful on the surface ) they just cut them off and handed me the knife.

Lesson of the day: Where as zip ties are a wonderful invention, they are a bad idea for fastening items to one's body.

I'm an idiot.. yes I know.

You are being too hard on yourself. :dork2: It was funny, and you learned something. I wish I had a dollar for every dumb thing I did diving. I could buy the Nitek X when it comes out!

I bet you don't zip tie your knife tomorrow!:eyebrow:

I wish I could make it tomorrow. I gotta spend some family time, though.

Back
Top Bottom