Orlando Lake Cleanup Event - ROSTER and info!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey folks,
I just wanted to remind you all that anyone participating in the lake clean up dives can get free air fills from Dayo Scuba - one of our sponsors. They are also having a party on March 7th with food and prizes. They will also be giving free regulator checkup's to anyone who brings in their regs!!
Please try and find time to stop by Dayo Scuba and meet some of the divers who will be participating in the clean up event!

Hey are yall still planning this. If you are, I am in

I'm OW now, and in the process of AOW, so I would like to volunteer for surface support, if it's still needed. Just let me know if you still need more hands. I'd love to help!

Thanks!

I'm working with my girlfriend Gaby who is the person putting this thing together for the city, we want to come up with a "prize" we give to the diver who pulls up the most interesting or strange object. We are looking on spending maybe $30 bucks on something. Any ideas for a cool prize?
Some thoughts we have had is maybe a gift card to Dayo Scuba or maybe a gift card to a restaurant. Suggestions?

Is Dayo the only sponsor? Is there a reason that other shops couldn't also sponsor? If so, maybe since Dayo is donating so much already, maybe other shops would want to sponsor too, and would be willing to donate prizes? Just a thought... I'd be happy to help if you needed to contact other shops in the area...

Scubaboard is co sponsoring as well, we are open to more sponsors and help. We will take every bit of help we can get! Thanks!!

hmm I might be down, but May you sure the water wont be 80+ by that time? Also conditions will probably be 5ft of vis or less..... maybe 10 ft at best

You are correct, expect vis to be poor, but most of the diving will take place around the shorelines anyways since that's where most of the trash will be. Divers will be free to dive anywhere on the lake they desire as long as they are safe, with a dive flag ect..

I ask that we get off the subject of amoebas please on this thread. If you do not feel comfortable diving consider being part of surface support. Remember this is all volunteer. Its up to you if you want to dive or not.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom