Oriskinay Diver mishap 8/19 with 8/21 update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crosing:
It's still diving related. If he hadn't been exerting himself diving he probably would not have had a heart attack at that time.
Not a completely valid statement/conclusion. I've had plenty of patients as well as aquaintances that have had heart attacks sitting in a chair or laying in a bed.

crosing:
It's still diving related. If he hadn't been exerting himself diving he probably would not have had a heart attack at that time.

All I can say is - He died doing what he loved (or close to it, time wise) and thats all I could ever ask for when I do go. God bless.

Otter:
And Fish and Wildlife have jurisdiction??

yeah, they manage the wreck, courtesy of the US Navy

the wreck is not in any Florida county, so *any* Sheriff's Office will lack original jurisdiction

of course, they can be asked by the Fish and Wildlife guys to take over, and that's ok (just like local authorities can ask the FBI to investigate, even though they lack original jurisdiction -- in which case the FBI forms a joint taskforce with the local authorities)

Same way as in riding my motorcycle. If I have a heart attack on the bike, I will go down as killed in cycle crash not wearing a helmet. Hereby blaming my unprotected head as the cause of death, not the true cause. It is a very demanding in any respect dive. I say let's wait and see what the results of the medical exam are.

See the discussion in the "Accidents and Incidents" Forum at

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=155616

It appears to have been a post-reboarding heart attack in the boat, by a victim with a prior cardiac history, so not truly a "diving" casualty despite the News-Journal's initial characterization.

Back
Top Bottom