Oriskany update - Charlotte dead!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I am so sad! Charlotte the Octopus (one of the Octopus) on the Oriskany appears to be dead. She has left her eggs and it appears that someone was over friendly and inadvertently killed her. :shakehead Please remember basic scuba stuff like... don't touch the marine life!

I hate to hear that. Isn't there one more? I guess so. I hope I get to go out there before the other one is killed. :(

Michael

seadoggirl:
I am so sad! Charlotte the Octopus (one of the Octopus) on the Oriskany appears to be dead. She has left her eggs and it appears that someone was over friendly and inadvertently killed her. :shakehead Please remember basic scuba stuff like... don't touch the marine life!
They do die soon after the eggs hatch, you know. Perhaps hers did.
We can hope.
Otherwise some Arrow Crabs had a feast.
Rick

That's sad to hear but DAMN YOU girl! Your thread title made me feel sick to my stomach thinking we had lost our first DIVER on the Oriskany, and though I didn't recognize the name I felt butterflies opening the thread to see if I knew the username.

I saw an octopus on the flight deck a few weeks ago and somebody in the same group saw one on the tower, so I'm sure there are several.

mwhities:
I hate to hear that. Isn't there one more? I guess so. I hope I get to go out there before the other one is killed. :(

Michael
If the other one is tending eggs she will die soon too. It's just the way it is, just what octopus do...
There are plenty of octopus on the Oriskany, though - plenty of young ones.
Rick

Ahh Rick, thanks for the heads up. I'd never known that.

When are we going diving together?

Thanks,

Michael

Nobody seemed to mind when Charlotte ate her boyfriend. Octopus do that too...

Wow.. that's crazy.

Michael

Tom Smedley:
Nobody seemed to mind when Charlotte ate her boyfriend. Octopus do that too...

Sounds like a sensible thing to do sometimes. Get rid of the problem without leaving a trace.:D

I think the lifespan of an Octopus is around 1 year, no?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom