Oriskany Temps at Depth??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am going to the O Boat on Saturday and would appreciate recent divers observations on temperature at depth. Need to plan which suit to carry.

Thanks

Tom Smedley:
I am going to the O Boat on Saturday and would appreciate recent divers observations on temperature at depth. Need to plan which suit to carry.

Thanks

Mid to upper 70's. This was last weekend. I was warm in a 3mm full with gloves, no hood. I could have done it in a skin. But wear something because there are sometimes small jellies floating in the upper layers.

Mid 70's. Several distinct thermoclines, starting off mid 80's. I could have done it in a 3 mil shorty. 142' at the flight deck.

Thanks for the info

You can always tell the North Florida divers from the south Florida Divers.

So Fl: 85 plus board shorts rash guard shirt 80~84 Shortie. 74~76 Full 3mm. 66~72 7mm with hood under 68. Under 64 I am staying home and building a fire.

North Florida: It was a nice warm Cave temperature of 72 I went in with Speedos and spent the whole day..... Me the wife and kids went out for ice cream after, My six year old is really getting the hang of my double reel rig.

I just spit orange juice on my laptop, thanks! :D

Orlando Eric:
You can always tell the North Florida divers from the south Florida Divers.

So Fl: 85 plus board shorts rash guard shirt 80~84 Shortie. 74~76 Full 3mm. 66~72 7mm with hood under 68. Under 64 I am staying home and building a fire.

North Florida: It was a nice warm Cave temperature of 72 I went in with Speedos and spent the whole day..... Me the wife and kids went out for ice cream after, My six year old is really getting the hang of my double reel rig.

that is great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom