Oriskany Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Dixie Divers,

I'm a fellow diver from the Midwest Muck Region. We are planning a trip to the Oriskany in the near future and I thought I would start doing some research. We are from the Midwest St. Louis area and will be driving down probably over a long weekend to dive the big O.

Any advise would be great such as best dive charters, places to stay, possibly other dives in the area since we will be down there.

Not sure when we will be down, possibly not until 2008, but never too earlier to start gathering information.

S. Nagel

Hey, Nagel,

You may want to check out my website to find exactly what you're looking for...hotels, restaurants, etc... Whether you dive with me or not, the info's great. PM me if I can help you further. Hope to see you on the O.

Thanks.

Eric

Several great ops in the area. Are you looking for a six pack fast boat or a cattle boat? Tec? Rec?

Staying in Pensacola, FL or Orange Beach, AL? My favorite ride out to the Oriskany is Gary's Gulf Diver in Orange Beach.

Check out mbtdivers.com they book the H2O a 36ft Newton, a very good boat and crew for a cattle boat...they also book six packs as well. Coming that distance stay awhile and dive some of the other dives in the area...the Navy boats,Avocet,Antares, etc...what I like about diving Pcola is the wildness of it, never know what your going to see and what the current is going to do....

We did our O charter through MBT. Great service from the shop and an excellent charter on the Tech Rec with Capt Chris. Not the fastest boat, but it has a head and a couple of bunks for that 2 hour trip back in. We'll be going out with them again!! If you are staying in Pensacola, MBT has a deal with Suburban Hotel for a lower rate. If you're looking for food, you gotta try Trigger's Seafood. Couldn't begin to tell you how to get there, but if you have GPS, it can find it. That's how we did. :D
If you would like to read my write up about our O Weekend, hit my website (link below) and go to the Trips page. The O trip is linked off there.

If you stay in Pensacola, go out on the Y-Knot.. it's the fastest way out there..
http://www.bluwateradventures.com/ I used them last weekend and I don't think it even took an hour to get out there..

I'm thinking of going back out to O with them later this or next month...

RV:
If you stay in Pensacola, go out on the Y-Knot.. it's the fastest way out there..
http://www.bluwateradventures.com/ I used them last weekend and I don't think it even took an hour to get out there..

I'm thinking of going back out to O with them later this or next month...

AGREE!

Capt. Dave on the "Y Knot?"

www.bluwateradventures.com

I'm taking a group of ladies from D.C. diving for a long weekend starting Friday. We got a great deal on a condo on the beach for the weekend. Check out www.pensacolabeachrentals.org.

Have a great trip and enjoy diving the Mighty O. She's definitely something to see.
Dana

Hi Nagel,
Dr Dive here. Would love to help you plan your trip and get your group set up for some great diving. There are some excellent operators in the area and we want to make sure you have a good time and a good experience. Drop me a PM or a reply ane let me know if I can help.

Dr Dive
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com

Dana, that just is not fair. Promoting Daves boat over mine. I am jealoues. Hope ya'll have fun next week and be sure to make Dave wear the spedo he keeps talking about. By the way, is Jeremy the Dm for this trip or is dave the only guy on the boat?

See you next week,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom