Oriskany dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam, vis was 15 ft plus. Could easily see across the platforms. Water temp was 55 by my computer. Cancelled saturday dives because there was 2 inches of fresh snow and did not want to risk walking across the lot with all that gear on alone. The primary entrance is really bad. I went in at the boat dock and will continue to do so until we somehow get the access fixed. Need to get some people together, come up with some funds and materials, and get permission from whoever before someone gets hurt bad.

Glad you enjoyed the area and a few of our sites. That info was pretty much correct on the San Pablo. I believe the US govt was testing RCV when they sank her.

JayJudge:
MTDog,
there are plenty of places in WV to dive, Mt Storm, Summersville, and depending where you live, PA,VA,KY. Too many divers think the ocean is the only place to dive, hell, there are old towns they flooded 'round here. So, unless you find Atlantis, thats one we have the ocean doesn't....
-Jay

Oh, I know. I plan to be wet as much as possible this summer. I dive with the Ocean Rovers Scuba Club out of Frederick, MD and there are a group or two from the club going somewhere every weekend. In fact, about 40 of us will be invading Lake Rawlings May 5&6. Millbrook, Mt. Storm, Willow Springs and a few others are all within a couple hours drive of the mountaintop, and Mrs. Dog and I will be regulars at all of them. I hope to see you there!

As for Atlantis, ya' never know. I just might find it...

Mountain Dog

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom