Oriskany Critter Photos from 6/12/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll trade you my orange fish for some nudis!

The hogfish is a spotfin hogfish, and orangy has an anatomy more like a surgeonfish than a snapper, and I don't think the eye is proportionally large enough to be a vermillion... I'm thinking creolefish: Science Photo Library

Hetland, I believe you are correct I have eaten my weight several times over in Vermillion (or one of 5 other names), and know that fish well....your fish is one I have not seen up here....and creolefish matches the shape nicely.

I have also not seen that specific Hogfish here...lovely fish.

Sadly our visiting Dendradoris Warta's have traveled on to wherever they go to...but there are still lots of Florida Regal Sea goddess around...just stop by Destin some time and will be happy to show you. Here is the last image I got of Dendradoris (in April)...

nudi_2011_4_050.jpg

Rich was taking a Nitrogen day, so I was cooking dogs, and dancing..... :)

Nice Pics Alex.

Dang!! I missed your cooking and your dancing?

Hetland, just wanted to say thanks for taking those fish pictures (several of which I don't have)...it got me to make a trip there. You are correct on the Creolefish ID, your first angel is a Queen, the second is a blue by the way...your hogfish is lovely and one I have never seen here. Your spotfin picture is much better than the one I got...good job getting close to it.

I been on H2O to the O and somehow I missed the stripper... was this on a Tuesday trip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom