O'Rings where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
well my housing starting leaking tiny little droplets, so i did the silicone treatment and its still leaking those same droplets. I mean they are really small.so I guess the next step is to replace the o'ring. so is there someone on Oahu that sales dc 34 canon o'rings?

How old is your housing? I thought you just got it. Main seal O-rings (the yellow one) should be cleaned and greased each time the case is opened (is that what you meant by silicone treatment?). The groove and mating surface should also be brushed clean with a toothbrush whenever you do the yellow ring. The little black ones for the buttons should be good for several hundred dives without maintenance if you rinse and depress each button (a few times) before and after each dive. Are you leaving the housing in the hot sun with the camera in it? Have you seen bubbles escape from the housing? I have had small droplets appear in my housings very occasionally over the years and as long as the puddle inside doesn't get the camera wet I've been OK.

no its never formed a puddle just gets tiny bubbles in funny spots but its scary.i swear the main o ring feels like its compressed when i close it. and its less than a year so im thinking of sending it to canon under the warranty.dont see any bubbles escaping but theres water droplets in there real tiny ones un less maybe the dry cell aint working anymore.is that posible?

How many dives on your rig? Way back when, I heard that you should replace your O-ring when it develops a memory (assuming it was a round one to begin with). I've gone 2-3 years of fairly frequent (not daily) diving, call it hundreds anyway, with my cameras without O-ring issues. Take a q-tip to the channels it fits into if you haven't, any tiny tiny amount of debris can cause a little (to substantial) leakage. Nice thing about most of the Canon housings, you can see the seal on the O-ring most of the way around.

If in doubt, change it out. Good luck with the O-ring search.

im kind of thinking its the oring as for a while i was using it every day but not doing the proper care issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom