orings on the MKP-PHA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcospg

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking for feedback on the o-ring system on the MPK-PHA.
Taking from the box my just new housing I saw what I first thought to be a double o-ring system, 1 barrel oring plus a crushed face oring. Looking more closely and reading the documentation I then learnt that what looked like a face oring is a kind of drop retainer. My first good impression about the housing got a bit shot down. I use to bring my big video housing (ikelite) for a vx2000 on deep trimix dives and the big crushed o-ring never failed. Deeper it goes better it seals, until the housing itself implodes. How about the barrel o-ring ? Did anybody brought the sony housing deep ? How behave the springs settings ? Replacing the drop thing by an o-ring just a little thicker sounds nice on paper but I am afraid that close to the surface there would not be enough compression to have the door closing enough for the other oring to seat correctly.
Apologies if it's already in the archive, I searched a bit.
Thanks,
Marcos.

Marcos

I have the MPK-PH5 housing and it has the double o-ring also. It's the one on the door that counts and it does press harder at depth. I've not noticed any change in the buttons at depth and have had the housing to 120 fsw.

Mine has been used on maybe 70 dives and has only leaked once. I never did find out what caused that flood and have used it since then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom