Original Factory Tank Decal - Worthington HP's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justbillin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I love my HP steel Worthington tanks and want to keep them in pristine condition in order for them to last a long time. All my tanks still have the green and white “do not remove” factory decals on them. I would like to remove them so that corrosion cannot occur underneath the decals. However, I do several driving and diving trips a year, and generally hit up a new shop or two for fills.

I guess my question is…Will I ever have issues getting fills or re-inspections if I remove the decals?

---------- Post added September 16th, 2015 at 08:09 PM ----------

No.
And if you do....
you have just found the biggest idiots in the dive world imaginable and you should not let them touch your tanks.

Chug
Thinks bands are for music, and the VIP treatment is good only about once a year.

Last edited:
Everything anyone needs to know (except the actual VIP sticker) about the cylinder has been beat into it. I agree that strikers inevitably will promote corrosion so you are better off without them.

Thanks! Every time they have been VIP’d, the inspectors over the years have left the decals on for some reason. I’m definitely going to scrap them off now!!!

And while you are in the mood, you can remove your mattress tags as well.

Bob

Thanks! Every time they have been VIP’d, the inspectors over the years have left the decals on for some reason. I’m definitely going to scrap them off now!!!

For the most part they don't bother regardless of any inspection procedure. It is usually a protective measure on your part. I have some vintage cylinders that read like a who's who of local dive shops over the decades.

I removed the label from my Catalina 19 but my Faber's didn't seem to have any extra warning labels. Did I get ripped off?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom