Oregon Dive Report: Sunday 10/07/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmatmess

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dove the Oregon on Sunday, October 7, 2007 off the RV Garloo. Great dives. The weather was warm (great for October) and the water on the surface was great (About 70 degrees). It stayed in the mid 60's down to about 90-95' then dropped to 58 degrees at the sand (121'). The visibility was amazing. About 25'-30' horizontal visibility with 60+ vertical visibility. Once you were down to about 30' you saw the wreck. A lot of nice sized bugs down there. Also some bottles were found.
A sun fish made its appearance. I saw a dolphin swim by while I was doing my safety stop. That was a cool thing to see. When it was time to leave, some Atlantic White Sided Dolphins were swimming and what looked like playing around the boat. One jumped out of the water. I didn't help that my camera was put away when they were doing this. It was a great end to a great day.
And as always, the crew was very friendly and helpful through out the whole trip.
Safe diving all.
Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom