Orchatorch D620V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaron Harmon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have any experience with this light? I see the regular D620 version for sale at various resellers, but I am not seeing the "V" (video) version. I also haven't seen any reviews of the "V" version. I am going to Cozumel in about a month and thought about picking one of these up for a scheduled night dive where I plan to shoot some video.

Does anyone know where I can pick on of these up in the US. I saw them on Aliexpress but I am leery of doing business there. I also found a Canadian distributor that sells them but the taxes were outrageous.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Aaron

I would not mess with a can light for recreational night dives in Coz.

I would get 2 good handheld video lights that have suitable ball or YS mounts to attach to your camera rig. With arms to let you mount them out away from the camera, so they can illuminate your subject without also illuminating all the particulates in the water between the camera and the subject.

There are good, inexpensive handheld video lights that put out as much or more light than the OT D620, that will, I think, last through 2 full night dives on a single charge.

I've been thinking about getting a couple of these just to try:

12000LM 10x XM-L2 Photography LED Scuba Diving Flashlight Torch 4*R+4*B 18650 | eBay

They're only $86. They have 10 x Cree XM-L2 LED emitters, so they have the POTENTIAL to put out 10,000 lumens of light. The D620 only claims 2700 lumens, so this light on eBay SHOULD at least be well more than the D620.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom