Orcatorch lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! Hope you like them!

Dano

Received, and put the battery to charge. Already tested the high and low lights but not the strobe light. I guess I need a fully charge battery before testing the strobe.

works like a champ, great handy little light with lots of light power :thumb:

FYI... If anyone was waiting... We have finally got our 1000 lumen lights back in stock.

Just for clarification, the MAKO light is NOT the same as the Orca D530. The switch is completely different.

I probably should have bought some of yours, seems like they don't have the same push button the D530 has and from the sounds of it you customer service is a million times better than @OrcaTorch I contacted them about the problem and nothing came of it

I also checked some amazon reviews and others had the same problems with the button not working that I had.

I probably should have bought some of yours, seems like they don't have the same push button the D530 has and from the sounds of it you customer service is a million times better than @OrcaTorch I contacted them about the problem and nothing came of it

I also checked some amazon reviews and others had the same problems with the button not working that I had.
I have no doubt that MAKO service is amazing, but I acquit surprised to hear that Orca haven't made any effort to help out, they have been VERY good on my end, even had a (user) flooded light, bought 2 years ago, replaced under warranty the other day.

Who did you talk to?

I have no doubt that MAKO service is amazing, but I acquit surprised to hear that Orca haven't made any effort to help out, they have been VERY good on my end, even had a (user) flooded light, bought 2 years ago, replaced under warranty the other day.

Who did you talk to?

Sent them an email through there website @OrcaTorch. They responded back with these exact sentence "This is Bonita from OrcaTorch sales team, taking care of this case. The solution will be offered to you. Please don't worry about it. "

I originally explained everything I did in my review linked above and told them the light is useless below 35m'ish and then re explained it. Still waiting for what the "solution offered to me" its been several months now and no solution, I just gave up. Obviously there is not solution the light is not actually broken so they cant warranty me a new one and a new one will do the same thing, it is more of a false advertising thing the seals might be rated to 150m but kind of pointless if you cant operate the button below 35m. Its really is not that big of a deal. I knew what I was getting into buying cheap chines lights, its part of the gamble. Goes back to the you get what you pay for. This is why I like my UWLD construction, quality, and non false specifications or BS make it worth the extra money, wish they would make some nice 18650 backup lights I would pick some up in a heartbeat. hint hint @Bobby

Sent them an email through there website @OrcaTorch. They responded back with these exact sentence "This is Bonita from OrcaTorch sales team, taking care of this case. The solution will be offered to you. Please don't worry about it. "

I originally explained everything I did in my review linked above and told them the light is useless below 35m'ish and then re explained it. Still waiting for what the "solution offered to me" its been several months now and no solution, I just gave up. Obviously there is not solution the light is not actually broken so they cant warranty me a new one and a new one will do the same thing, it is more of a false advertising thing the seals might be rated to 150m but kind of pointless if you cant operate the button below 35m. Its really is not that big of a deal. I knew what I was getting into buying cheap chines lights, its part of the gamble. Goes back to the you get what you pay for. This is why I like my UWLD construction, quality, and non false specifications or BS make it worth the extra money, wish they would make some nice 18650 backup lights I would pick some up in a heartbeat. hint hint @Bobby
Contact me by DM and I will send you the contact info for the person at OrcaTorch that I have dealt with. I had a very positive customer service experience and believe that my contact will help you navigate to a more positive outcome.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom