OrcaTorch D630 can light vs UWLD 35

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's be fair for a second here, I am an active member on here and I had no idea of the issues regarding this person until I followed Tom's links. To expect a Chinese company marketing person to know that is IMO not fair.

I am sending them a link to this and they can see what the issues are and act as they wish, then we can make a judgement.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

@OrcaTorch Were you aware of this? Are you really sponsoring Dan Wright (as he implies on his Facebook page)? I.e. giving him free lights? It looks like that may cost you some business, at least among ScubaBoard members.

We know nothing about it. Usually, we send out some prototypes to professional divers for testing and honest feedback, which is our important part and helps us improve the product before we release a product.

We know nothing about it. Usually, we send out some prototypes to professional divers for testing and honest feedback, which is our important part and helps us improve the product before we release a product.

Thanks for replying.

Now you know, is it safe to assume that, in the future, prototypes / free stuff etc will only being heading to the appropriate professionals?

Self censoring this one.

I will not be purchasing any Orca Torch lights. I had planned on replacing my backup lights with OT's. I'll keep shopping.

Again, if you look at their Ambassador page, he is not a listed ambassador therefore he is not sponsored by them.

Again, if you look at their Ambassador page, he is not a listed ambassador therefore he is not sponsored by them.

They sent him free product, they are happy to let his video promote their product. His status as an "official ambassador" is irrelevant.

An appropriate response should be along the lines of, "Sorry, we didn't know he's a trash human being. We won't have any relationship from here on out."

Just to reiterate, the dude wrote a letter espousing the good character, to a federal judge mind you, of a guy who's in federal prison for trafficking a minor for sexual exploitation. "Be nice to that pedophile, he's a nice dude who let me sleep on his couch." He left a dude dead in the mine while he packed his car, and instead of calling the police, just planned on going back the next day. The guys gf called the cops when he was overdue, DW didn't even have the balls to call the gf or the cops himself. Getting a cave closed because of his own narcissism is just one other thing on top.

Any company that does business with someone like that, and when said someone's past is brought to light, doesn't immediately issue a mea culpa and cut ties, has lost my business. Now, whether they care about that or not is pretty irrelevant, but the fact remains, if a company wants to do business with a POS human being, I don't want to do business with them. I understand if you don't feel the same way. I'm not speaking for anybody else but myself.

They sent him free product, they are happy to let his video promote their product. His status as an "official ambassador" is irrelevant.

An appropriate response should be along the lines of, "Sorry, we didn't know he's a trash human being. We won't have any relationship from here on out."

Just to reiterate, the dude wrote a letter espousing the good character, to a federal judge mind you, of a guy who's in federal prison for trafficking a minor for sexual exploitation. "Be nice to that pedophile, he's a nice dude who let me sleep on his couch." He left a dude dead in the mine while he packed his car, and instead of calling the police, just planned on going back the next day. The guys gf called the cops when he was overdue, DW didn't even have the balls to call the gf or the cops himself. Getting a cave closed because of his own narcissism is just one other thing on top.

Any company that does business with someone like that, and when said someone's past is brought to light, doesn't immediately issue a mea culpa and cut ties, has lost my business. Now, whether they care about that or not is pretty irrelevant, but the fact remains, if a company wants to do business with a POS human being, I don't want to do business with them. I understand if you don't feel the same way. I'm not speaking for anybody else but myself.

I have a kid so anyone that try’s to help someone that hurts kids is good as **** on my shoe. I was looking at the d630 before I decided spend more on a lm light instead. Really glade I did not buy that light as I won’t support a company that supports low life’s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom