Orca Bait October dive - Sunday 10/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Time to start planning for our October 23 get-together ... we have a ScubaBoard diver visiting from afar (WVDiver), and I'd like to get some input on who'd like to join in and what sort of dive we should plan.

It'd be a good day for a boat dive, but that would limit us to about 14 divers and cost us about $60 apiece.

It'd be a good day for Edmonds UP, with not a whole lot of tidal exchange and relatively mild current.

It'd be a good day for Redondo for the same reasons ... although the tradeoff is less surface swim and less to see than Edmonds.

And of course, it's ALWAYS a good day for Cove 2 ... :D

I'm open to other ideas and suggestions ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uncle Pug:
Why~0~Why can't we have these dives on a Saturday!!!
Sorry Uncle Pug ... this date was set by our visiting diver's schedule ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Then I would vote for EUWP in the afternoon. That puts the dive on a falling tide and the slight current drift is away from the ferry terminal. Exchange is very low in the afternoon on into the evening.

Sund Rock is a great dive site ... and a good suggestion. But it's a long drive for someone on a limited schedule. I would like to reserve that suggestion for a later Orca Bait dive, if you don't mind.

EUP in the afternoon would be a good choice. With these tides ...

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/sea/2005-10-23

... we could get in two or three dives without worrying about current.

And for someone visiting the area, there's a lot to see ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dang diving on Sunday.... If some how we can schedual to have a dive around 5pm I'll be able to make it to EUP from work.

You could always schedule to start at EUP, then to Cove 2 and then down to Redondo if anyone is up for that....
K

I'm down with EUP on the 23rd of October.
icosm14.gif
Almost all of my weekend commitments for the year are done with by then so I can actually make it and do TWO dives!
eek.gif

Jimmie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom