Orca Bait "Big Buddy" dive: 8/22, 6 pm, Cove 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A THREE MIL suit in Puget Sound? Those were brass ones, but I doubt you have them any more . . . :)

Yeah, Scott is the man,,,diving in his 3mil...for a very long time..and doing a couple of dives...
Thank goodness he has since gone dry.
K

Yes those brass ones seemed to have.... well.. you know what pressure and cold can do :)

I have yet to give in fully to the idea of comfortable diving however -- I'm diving dry but without an undergarment for the moment. It's a huge improvement, but I definitely see a Weezle or DUI thinsulate in my future (that whole student thing kinda puts a damper on my slush funds)

I did a bunch of dives at the beginning in whatever hodge-podge of skiing-related Polarfleece I could cobble together.

I tried a Weezle.

My Diving Concepts 200g jumpsuit and 200g vest are a vast improvement over both, in my view. And I added the DC 2mil compressed neoprene drysuit, and finally, I am WARM! (About three thousand dollars later . . . ugh.)

Technically you are still diving in a 3mm wetsuit :wink: sorta....

tee hee!

/me ducks...

lundysd:
I dove for a few weeks up here in a 3mm wetsuit -- longest dive was just shy of an hour. I did it because, well, diving is like crack to me, but I came up shivering uncontrollaby several times and couldn't dive more than once in an afternoon. I went dry pretty quickly after that...

Diving wet up here is fine as long as it's a thick wetsuit and you don't get insanely cold. Remember there is a definite link between getting cold and getting bent though, so dive your profiles accordingly.

Man you northwest women are merciless :)

I'll have you know that I bought an undergarment today and am looking forward to finally staying warm(er) (okay so it was cheap and used, but it should work for now). Can we refrain from the attacks on my manhood now? :)

Well, it looks like I missed another buddy dive. I moved up to Kirkland a few weeks ago and just got the internet set up in my place, I have been without it for awhile. It sounds like the dive was a success, I would be definitly interested in any future buddy dives. I just got certified OW in May and I have not had the chance to get out again, mainly due to the fact that I don't have any friends that dive. I'll make sure I don't miss the next buddy dive!

Zach

Zach, you sound like exactly the kind of person these dives are designed for!

Bob and I are negotiating the date for the next one . . . Sounds as though we'll be looking at the first week of October. But feel free to PM me about going diving before then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom