Orange Juice Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Picked these up the other day..... Instruct-O Orange

IMG_0260.jpg

Those are AWESOME! Are they available for instructors only? I have them in black & would love a pair in orange.

Found the answer to my question :/

Last edited:
I have these in black too, LOVE THEM!

I got a pair in orange, too. I can't imagine I'll use them a lot, but they're awfully nice for chasing down students who are motoring!

I also have them in white in the standard Novas..... These are much stiffer !

It matches the orange on DSS wings.

Okay, I now have about ten dives on these, in the pool and in OW.

You can do all the kicks with them. In fact, I think I have a more powerful back kick with these than with my other fins (Jets and DiveRite EXPs).

You can move forward like a house afire.

They feel weird -- they are VERY long fins. They are neutral, so one must get used to the balance.

They are absolutely contraindicated for any application that involves line. They are designed as horrendous line traps.

In OW, with students, they are fantastically visible, very versatile, and permit precise maneuvering as well as fast swimming. I will use them with students. I don't think I'd ever get to the point where they would be my fins of choice for my own, fun diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom