Orange County / Easter Egg Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheezy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My LDS is having thier annual Easter Egg Hunt. Unfortunately I will not be participating this year (due to injuries :( )

HOWEVER: Anyone in the Orange County area should really check it out

Laguna Sea Sports on Pacific Coast Highway puts it on

the cost is $25 and WELL WORTH IT... it's a blast

Laguna Sea Sports - 925 N Coast Highway - Laguna Beach, CA 92651 - (949) 494-6965

Saturday MARCH 30th

I've frequented Laguna Sea Sports a few times. A nice LDS I might add. Shaw's Cove is a very decent beach dive. I've heard the Easter Egg Dive is much fun, with some very nice prizes to be be found. Best of luck to anyone who attends.

ttt

Sounds like fun, but I am going on one on Sunday, probably at Anacapa/Santa Cruz. I was out at Catalina last weekend, and vis was poor, so the sea lions may get them all this year.

well if nothing else... you should hook up with LSD. Most of the group dives are a blast... It's a good bunch of folks :D

Whoa... this is such a cool idea.

What is generally involved in a dive egg hunt? (going on a dive over the weekend, might be fun to do :) )

Jeff

Fetch,

I've participated in one and setup a hunt during the TSDT Halloween dive (used little pumpkins instead of easter eggs).

For the one I did, I had all the pumpkins numbered and they corresponded to small bags that had the prizes. Prizes ranged from simple gadgets to t-shirts, dive knives, first aid kit, and other things.

On the egg hunt I participated in, the one who found the most eggs got the pick of the loot (in this case an AL80 tank) and we worked our way back from there. There was also a specially marked "Death Egg". Who ever found that one got first pick of the goods.

And both the eggs and the pumkins were weighted with sand to make them negatively bouyant so they would stay put.

Generally, when the boat is anchored in a not-too-challenging spot (a strong current can ruin this,) we ask the captain to throw real hard-boiled colored eggs into the ocean. Ultimately, they sink, and the ocean water will take some of the color off, but the rules are as follows:

Each diver can only bring up one egg to make sure there are enough to go around.

Everyone who brings back an egg gets a number to put in the hat. Numbers are pulled for prizes. The prizes are usually small dive-related items.

There may be eggs that are not retrieved or are stolen by sea lions, but I don't think they go to waste...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom