Options to not wrap hoses around my neck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm new to side mount, & I still dive a single back mount on occasion.
My left is short on 90° angle, & necklaced
My right is a 7 ft hose , no clip, wrapped (aka DIR) around my neck.

When I dive a single (back mount), I just transfer the short hose to my right reg & use it on my single.
This keeps things consistent, good for muscle memory.

Mike D

I experimented a bit with hoses and routing and I'm pretty happy with where I'm at now. My left 2nd (right fed) is on a 22" hose with a 90 deg adapter, so not wrapped around my neck. I couldn't seem to get the turret in the right position for both LP hoses. After several tries I put the 2nd stage hose in the 5th port and that did the trick. I kept my right 2nd on a 7' hose wrapped around the neck. It is much more comfortable with only one hose going that way.
On both sides I switched my SPGs from straight up to down along the cylinders. They are tucked away nicely like this and reaching down to bend the hose up to check the gauge isn't an issue. I had to reach up and bend away the gauges when they pointed up because the gauges were too close for my aging eyes, so really no difference.

For the last month I've been using a left-hand reg on a 90 degree elbow on my left tank, with a 5 ft hose. That hose goes down the length of the tank under bungees, then loops back up. And a right hand reg on a 90 degree elbow on the right tank with a 7 ft hose stowed under bungees (may change that to a 5 ft hose but have not done so yet).

The left hand reg clips off to the left d ring when not in use, the right reg clips off to the right d ring when not in use, and the few inches of hose I've pulled up to allow easy head movement with the reg in my mouth, gets slid back down under the bungees. Both clips are breakaway. No idea why I haven't been using this method earlier.

Now the only hose behind my neck is the 50% deco tank for deco dives, which I only deploy when on deco shallower than 70 ft. Don't have a left hand reg yet for it.

Back
Top Bottom