Optimum Diet for Losing Weight yet Provides Sufficient Energy for Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Tours N Iraq`

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any nutritionist divers out there that can help me continue my weight loss process? I've already lost 15 lbs in the last 3 months by cutting out fried foods, sweets, and carbinated drinks. I also have started an intense exercise programs and now I am seeking to tweak my diet in an effort be at peak performance. I usually work out 3 times a week very intensly. I usually work between 12 and 14 hours every day, 7 days a week sitting behind a desk the entire time. I usually have something light in the morning for breakfast to jumpstart my metabolism. For lunch I usually have a turkey, roast beef, or tuna-fish sub sandwich (no mayonaise) with lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles and mustard and a serving of fresh mixed fruit. For dinner I eat pretty sensibly, with small portion sizes and a cup of yogurt for dessert. Any suggestions as to what I should do differently or foods to add to my diet that aid in weight loss? Thanks in advance for any help provided through this forum and or PMs.

2Tours N Iraq`:
Any nutritionist divers out there that can help me continue my weight loss process? I've already lost 15 lbs in the last 3 months by cutting out fried foods, sweets, and carbinated drinks. I also have started an intense exercise programs and now I am seeking to tweak my diet in an effort be at peak performance. I usually work out 3 times a week very intensly. I usually work between 12 and 14 hours every day, 7 days a week sitting behind a desk the entire time. I usually have something light in the morning for breakfast to jumpstart my metabolism. For lunch I usually have a turkey, roast beef, or tuna-fish sub sandwich (no mayonaise) with lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles and mustard and a serving of fresh mixed fruit. For dinner I eat pretty sensibly, with small portion sizes and a cup of yogurt for dessert. Any suggestions as to what I should do differently or foods to add to my diet that aid in weight loss? Thanks in advance for any help provided through this forum and or PMs.

It sounds like you're making good progress with your current diet plan. If you feel like you've got enough energy to get through a normal work day I don't know that you need to change it. On the days that you get to dive you might even consider increasing your intake. There's a "calories burned calculator" at http://www.changingshape.com/resources/calculators/caloriesburnedcalculator.asp
According to it, I burn close to 700 calories on a 60 minute 'moderately' strenuous dive. A couple dives at the quarry = pizza & beer and no guilt.

2TNI. Sign up for Ranger School. My son-in-law was at 170 when he went in and 135 sixty days later. I don't know if you'll have energy for diving though.

Back
Top Bottom