Optimistic!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Correct,

DAN and most others insurance will not cover evacuation if travel is initiated after Pandemic is announced.

Your medical insurance may cover your hospital but all other expenses are on you. So check your medical insurance to make shure at least your hospital bill is covered.

I have purchased a travel medical policy that includes medical evacuation coverage from Blue Cross (GeoBlue Voyager). I called them and went over the evacuation scenarios from COZ to DFW under the current conditions and CDC Travel Warnings and they assured me I will be covered. They informed me that IF the CDC/ Dept of State issues an evacuation order from Mexico after I have arrived, I would need to comply and leave Cozumel ASAP or risk denial of any claims. The written policy and exclusion of coverage also support what they told me. It was relatively cheap too. Zero deductible. $1M medical limit. $500k Medical Evacuations to my departure city (DFW) .

They did tell me that the policies are reviewed almost daily and subject to change. My policy, as written, will be honored though.

I hope you have that in writing because "they" may be nowhere to be found come time to file a claim.

It’s one thing to get there, maybe with some screening, but what about getting back if one either fails the screening for the return trip, or actually get ill while there?

Exactly...

And with Mexico's numbers of reported cases/fatalities where they are...the very last place anyone would want to be...and for Mexico...what is reported and what is actual is likely a wide spread...

Home never looked so good...

W...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom