Ops in Bar Harbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquasport

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I will are going to Bar Harbor 10-7 is there any diving there? Any ops in the area

Yup, one. Search the NE forum for the past two months. About 4-5 of us went on (independent) trips to Acadia recently, and details are in those threads.

Hi there Aquasport. I dont know your skill level but let me recommend a shallow 15-20 ft dive at Bracy Cove near Seal Harbor as your first dive. We dove to the right side along the rocks. The cove is well sheltered from ocean swells, has parking next to the cove, and has an easy entry. Expect colonies of sea cucumbers and maybe a rare lumpfish. And beautifull scenery of the mountains in the back ground (see my report and pics).

Watch out for traffic on Rt 3 and keep off the road while suiting up. Bracy Cove is accesed just outside of Park Loop Rd so the dive is free. Its adjacent to Little Long Pond or the littler of the 2 long ponds on Mt Desert.

The vegetarian restaurant was excellent and reasonable in price if you like veggie food.

My wife and I will are going to Bar Harbor 10-7 is there any diving there? Any ops in the area

Our trip report

Getting air

Back Beach in Bernard and Lamoine Beach in Lamoine, go past the state park are two great shallow easy beach dives.

Little hunter offers 2 very nice dives if the seas are behaving.

More in the trip report mentioned above.

We plan to return next summer, it's that good!

For boat dives the only commercial operation I know of is Diver Ed out of Bar Harbor. He does a Sunday AM 1 tank trip from what I know.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom