Opions on Fourth Element Exposure Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mermoose

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I didn't see this subject covered, but Exposure suits is a BIG subject. A British dive buddy suggested Fourth Element layering for my upcoming trip to Cocos. I am having a hard time finding a retailer in the US that has much of a selection. I am interested in one of the "neutrally buoyant" vest. They are pricey and I have not been able to get any info on which one I need to consider...so... anybody here got an opinion, thought or anything at all to add. I have been told that I will tend to get colder on repetitive dives in Cocos than in the Caribbean. Time draws nigh for me to depart so I need to order it if I'm a gonna.
And yes I just sent an email to a Fourth Element rep from the manufacturers forum. I would like to hear from anyone here that would like to weigh in.
I wait with baited breath....

Hi

The product I think you are after is Thermocline - it is a neutrally buoyant additional thermal layer for use under a wetsuit or instead of a wetsuit in warmer waters. It is roughly equivalent to 2mm neoprene but has no buoyancy characteristics in fresh water (a tiny bit in salt water, but negligible).

To find a dealer in North America who can supply, I suggest calling us on 207.935.1670 ext 1 and talking to Michele.

There is more technical detail available y following the link below.

Thermocline Neoprene Free Wetsuit : Women : Fourth Element

Hope it helps

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom