Fourth element difference between Arctic and Arctic expedition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba fryd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi i am going to buy new undergarments for my dry suit i was looking at fourth element j2 as a base layer with a xcore vest and actic full body.
i dive in Denmark were we in the coldest months have my 1celcius and in summer 20 mby
Dose it sound good and what's the defrinds between the actic and the actic expedition i cant see what's defrind other than one being more Smotf outside

The key features of Arctic:

Keeps the body dry and warm

Superior low bulk insulation for flexibility

Performs even when wet Machine washable

Comfortable fit with fleece inner

The key features of Arctic Expedition:

Optimized body-mapped insulation

Windproof panels

Ceramic enhanced durability

Excellent freedom of movement

Pockets in leggings and top

Comfort and practicality

The key features of Arctic:

Keeps the body dry and warm

Superior low bulk insulation for flexibility

Performs even when wet Machine washable

Comfortable fit with fleece inner

The key features of Arctic Expedition:

Optimized body-mapped insulation

Windproof panels

Ceramic enhanced durability

Excellent freedom of movement

Pockets in leggings and top

Comfort and practicality
So what you saying is expedition is i little more thought thu and had a bit more perks but has dame heating as the normal

By the looks of it, the expedition has different areas of material so it basically provides more material (warmth) in specific areas where you normally feel the cold more often. I don’t own one but it appears as the expedition would be a warmer garment than the basic arctic style. I use DUI and Web Foots undergarments.

By the looks of it, the expedition has different areas of material so it basically provides more material (warmth) in specific areas where you normally feel the cold more often. I don’t own one but it appears as the expedition would be a warmer garment than the basic arctic style. I use DUI and Web Foots undergarments.
Okay thank you is it better with a loos fit or a fit were it get a bit thigt when i try to lean back

Many undergarments these days are made with three-way stretch so they move with you and they don’t need to be so bulky. Fit comes down to personal preference. I prefer a snugger fit. Your body type is another concern. Some manufacturers stick with a certain type and if you fall outside of their acceptable range, getting a better fit may be difficult. If you can’t try on anything locally, make sure where you purchase from has an easy return policy if it does not fit to your preference.

Many undergarments these days are made with three-way stretch so they move with you and they don’t need to be so bulky. Fit comes down to personal preference. I prefer a snugger fit. Your body type is another concern. Some manufacturers stick with a certain type and if you fall outside of their acceptable range, getting a better fit may be difficult. If you can’t try on anything locally, make sure where you purchase from has an easy return policy if it does not fit to your preference.
Okay my probolem is the expedetion is out of production and the last one is a snug fit i am only 16 så i am afrid i will grow out of it but i dose fell nicer than actic were the Torso is a bit to big

If you stick with it, you will have a number of undergarments so purchasing another later is normal. I use four different ones and the temp of the water and the dive plan constitutes which garment I use for that dive.

So you would say i should get the expedetion for perfect fit right now and then buy the other when it fits later when or if the expedetion gets too small?

At 16, it’s not likely to fit you in a few years anyway so no matter what you buy now, chances are you will getting another one in a few years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom