opinions...Zeagle Zena, Zeagle Express Tech or Oceanic Biolite...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven;6463191 One very important thing to know about the Zena is that proper fit and adjustment is crucial to comfort and performance. I have a little "tutorial" that I've given here forever:
I have a Zena and love it - but it seems to shift sideways during dives so if you can direct me to your tutorial I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I get a shift sometimes, too, but I readjust the straps after reaching maximum depth on a dive. I pull the bc down in place and tighten the lower strap first, then the upper one. Towards the end of the dive, I usually need to readjust them and then also loosen them on the surface because I pull them quite tight at depth.

The most important thing to know is that the MIDDLE strap of your Zena should fit at your natural waist. For boat diving, put your BC/tank on and tighten it down just enough to get off the boat. During your decent, go horizontal and loosen up ALL of the straps, pull down your Zena from the sides and tighten the lowest straps first. Tighten the middle strap, making sure it is at your natural waist or at the very bottom of your rib cage, depending on how you're built. Once your body straps are tight, lightly snug down the shoulder straps. If you've done it correctly, your Zena will never move on our body, no matter what position you are in. Your straps should be about 1/2 used, giving you space for thicker or thinner suits.

For shore diving, I tighten my shoulder straps all the way down first, making my tank as high on my back as possible to walk into the water. Once in the water, I follow the steps above. Then before I exit, I tighten the shoulders again to walk out.

If you want to check the fit at home, put on your wetsuit, put on your Zena with the straps loose. Position the middle strap at your waist and tighten the strap. Tighten the bottom strap, snug up the shoulder straps, and check for fit. If you've used most of your straps and are losing weight, you'll want to look at a smaller size.

Excuse me for interupting you ladies here, but I have something for you to look for when sizeing a Zena for yourself.
The shoulders often need to be downsized for proper fit on gals with long legs or short torso length.
Sometimes the shoulder straps run out of snug down, avoid floppy shoulders whenever possable.

That's the problem with mine, I run out of snug down on the shoulder straps. I get so tired of a boat crew member yanking on them even after I tell them that's as tight as they go.

Thank you! I look forward to trying out this strategy. At the end of every single dive I end up with the zipper over on my left side - and I like to turn sideways and upside down during my dive so I guess it's just not properly snugged down all over. It's odd that it's always on my LEFT side and not my right side - wonder what that is all about! Thanks again - I'll report in after my next dive (probably won't be until Halloween for the pumpkin carving!). :)

I am not exagerating at all when I say your Zena should NEVER move on your body if it is the right size and adjusted properly. I can turn upside down, roll, do whatever, and my Zena never shifts or moves until I unzip it at the end of my dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom