Opinions Wanted... Which Would YOU Choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the chance to both of these cruises on rccl and can tell you the the abc route is much better for not only you but the people traveling with you. If they choose to snorkel it is much easy on that route also the towns have a few more things to do. Costa maya is nothing more than a market, this may have changed as its been two years since I was there. A couple other things to think about I was able to get on dives with no more than eight people in a group on all abc stops booking on my own. Coz has many ops so this is not hard. There were only two when I was in costa so that makes it much harder. I could go on but its a lot of what you will already get. If you would like any detailed info on the ships or opps I used feel free to ask.....

I have had the chance to both of these cruises on rccl and can tell you the the abc route is much better for not only you but the people traveling with you. If they choose to snorkel it is much easy on that route also the towns have a few more things to do. Costa maya is nothing more than a market, this may have changed as its been two years since I was there. A couple other things to think about I was able to get on dives with no more than eight people in a group on all abc stops booking on my own. Coz has many ops so this is not hard. There were only two when I was in costa so that makes it much harder. I could go on but its a lot of what you will already get. If you would like any detailed info on the ships or opps I used feel free to ask.....

Hey chadbeck:
I booked the Adventure of the Seas, the ABC route looked too good to pass up. Another board I frequent someone gave some suggestions for dive ops but I would love to hear who you used.

Also, what did you think of the ship? I went on Carnival Destiny out of Puerto Rico a few years ago. The ship was in bad shape and there were just tons of kids running wild everywhere. After 2 good Carnival cruises I was pretty disappointed.

The ship was in good shape, I had heard some things about a lot of kinds on Aos out of san juan for our cruise as well but we didn't have that problem. Not sure of your dates but we went the last week in Jan. last year and the head waiter said the week before is always a big week for kids for some reason. Getting on the ship was really easy just grab a cab and went through check-in in about 30 mins tops. Getting off was about the same. The service was great all week long. I think in st thomas I used www.admiraltydive.com which if your into wrecks is a really nice operation. I did a three tank dive and had plenty of time as they picked me up right in front of the ship and dropped me back off. I will always use them when I go to st thomas. I will post the rest when I get done with work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom