Opinions wanted! 2nd outing as a photographer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coll

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all! These pictures are the from my second dive ever as a photographer. Taken with a WP-DC3 housing and Canon SD630. Just looking for comments, complaints, suggestions. The pictures were taken in Monterey, CA at Breakwater and the metridium fields for you locals :D

Also I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the white nudibranch and the red anenome or plant or whatever it is. Thank you! Apologies for the number of picture attachments but I'm such a proud father of these shots!

Attachments

• fire something small.jpg
    fire something small.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 65
  • inside metrid small.jpg
    inside metrid small.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 55
  • small fish.jpg
    small fish.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 50
  • small metrid.jpg
    small metrid.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 52
  • small nudi.jpg
    small nudi.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 55
  • white nudi small.jpg
    white nudi small.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 54
Nice shots!

Not sure about the nudi, but I believe the red one is a basket star.

Photos are great, especially for only your 2nd time out with your camera - I am impressed. My favorite is the close-up of the Metridium, that's beautiful. And they are difficult to photograph because of their color (white). The camera will often turn them bluish.

I think your white nudi is either a Shaggy Mouse (aeolid) nudi or a Pearly (aeolid) nudibranch. Might wish to ask in the Norcal section.

I would have to disagree with Paradicio on the orange one. I think it is a Orange Sea Cucumber (cucumaria miniata). See: Cucumaria miniata, Orange Sea Cucumber

I might be wrong though . :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom