Opinions Pinnacle Spirit 3mm shorty vs Herderson Thermoprene 3mm Shorty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
OK Looking for a shorty (my first new wetsuit in YEARS) and have narrowed it down to the Pinnacle Spirit 3mm and the Henderson Thermoprene 3mm.

They are within $20 of each other at the $100 mark and frankly I am confounded. Opinions on these 2 or any others at or below the $110 mark that I should look at?

For reference I am 6'2 and 240 - carrying a little extra around the midriff.

Thanks!

Chris

The Pinnacle wetsuit I had lasted only 4 days worth of diving in Bonaire, but that was when Pinnacle was under Zeagle. The seams came un-stitched, and then came unglued. I read on this forum the quality was low during that time, but other folks love their Pinnacle wetsuit. I have a friend that has a Pinnacle wetsuit, and it's old

I do have Henderson Thermoprene 3mm Shorty, and that suite is still going strong, 4 years later. My only complaint with this Henderson is it's too big now. :rofl3:

I am slightly more bias towards Henderson because all of my Henderson Thermoprene wetsuits have lasted a long time. My Henderson 5mm Thermoprene full suit, is coming up on 5 years old. I will be retiring that suit soon for another 5mm full suit

I have the Henderson Thermoprene 3mm shorty and would definitely buy again. I'm about your size and the front zip is really nice (I hate back zippers). Suit is nice and stretchy, no complaints, about 30 dives and all is well. . .

Back
Top Bottom