Opinions on Zeagle Lazer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingNole

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had any experiences diving with the Lazer? I tried one on in my local dive shop tonight and it seems pretty comfortable, as well as lightweight for travel purposes. I like that it's adjustable for any weight fluctuations:) I'm considering this for my first BC purchase, so I want to make a decent investment and begin the move away from the jacket style. Thanks!

You will never go wrong with a Zeagle! They are IMHO the best BCs made. I'm assuming you are a woman, You don't say in your profile, Have you also looked at the Zena? Every woman I put one on just loves it!

My wife loves her Zeagle Lazer. It's durable, packs easily and has 35# lift capacity.

I can't attest to the Laser or the Zena BC's, but I have a 5 or 6 year old Zeagle Tech that I've been diving for a year now and I would not trade this BC for any other. It is comfortable, well desiged (pockets, traps, weight-release etc.) and durable.

I've got a Lazer and I really like it.

Here's why:
1. It really was the BC that fit me the best, which was the main reason I chose it.
2. I do like its lift capacity (although I mostly dive warm water and don't need it, as I do more local diving it will have plenty of lift)
3. metal D rings right where you want them
4. decent sized pockets (I stash a folding snorkel in one--plenty of room for it),
5. pretty good trim in the water and no jacket BC squeeze
6. Travels well, not too heavy and no rigid plate
7. Two tank bands keeps things very secure. I've had to tighten my husband's tank band, but mine's always been great. You do have to watch the position of these to keep the tank from hitting the back of your head, but you'll figure that out in a dive or two.
8. The ability to remove the inflator and attach to a garden hose is a really nice feature for getting the thing well flushed and removing salt at the end of a trip.
9. A rear dump valve on each side
10. ditchable rear trim pockets

Things I'd change:
1. I'd add a shoulder dump valve. I really like these, but since I dive a long hose config, it's probably just as well that I don't have a shoulder dump. My husband's claims his shoulder dump vent catches the hose and pulls at it.
2. I wish the trim pockets were a little higher up on the BC.

Hope that helps!

One huge advantage the Lazer has over the Zena is that it has pockets. However, IMO one huge disadvantage is the cumberbun! :wink: Seriously though, what is important is how it fits you and feels on your body. We know for sure that you won't go wrong buying any Zeagle product since you'll have a quality product that the manufacturer will stand behind 100%.

I say go for it!

Thanks everyone, I tried on both the Zena and Lazer, found the Lazer to be the better fit for me. I ordered the Lazer last night through the local dive shop. Now anxiously awaiting it's arrival sometime next week before I take off for Roatan and break it in!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom