Moving air sound in wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3. I was really feet heavy. Any suggestions on how to adjust the backplate and harness so I'll be more vertical?
I'm also usually feet heavy. A quick bend underwater putting my head and feet down and my butt up tends to move the (small) air bubble in my wing closer to my butt and puts me in fairly level trim.

Sometimes I have to repeat after I've gone into a really head down position to observe a critter. Near the end of the dive with an emptier, lighter tank and very little (or no) air in the wing I tend to be more level trim and no adjustments needed.

And all the above applies only to my warm water wetsuit. In my cold water drysuit (and way more weight) I'm pretty much in level trim.

Does water go into the bladder of a wing easier than a jacket bc?

Does water go into the bladder of a wing easier than a jacket bc?
Not particularly, but I find it easier to notice it in a wing. Every time you vent a BCD (jacket or wing) a tiny bit of water gets in. The more you mess with it, the more water you'll have in it after the dive.

I’ve found those tech rubber fins w the spring straps are generally heavy. I don’t mind in a dry suit as there’s air getting distributed all over but in a wetsuit I notice it. So I switch to lighter (and better) mares quattro’s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom