Opinions on this HP-100 tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

volyblmn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
http://www.diversdirect.com/scripts...tem=44530&Template=9990000096000999&Group=128Worthington spec a bit lighter and a bit less buoyant (both good), and a bit shorter (good for me, don't know how tall you are). Cheaper, if you buy it with the scubaboard discount from Scubatoys. If you like the Faber, cheaper at Tech Diving Limited than at the link you gave.

EDIT:

Okay, I see your link is having a special, $250, so I'm liking it better!

http://www.diversdirect.com/scripts...tem=44530&Template=9990000096000999&Group=128

I've also noticed that some Faber tanks don't fit into a "standard" tank rack on a boat.

howarde:
I've also noticed that some Faber tanks don't fit into a "standard" tank rack on a boat.
How so? They're 7.25 inch diameter, same as an al80, or Worthington.

Jimmer:
How so? They're 7.25 inch diameter, same as an al80, or Worthington.
I must be thinking of their 117 then.

Faber FX 117 Cubic Foot Steel Cylinder

3442 psi
8.00" Diameter
24.21" Tank Height
38.9 lbs. Tank Weight
negative 9.12 lbs full / 0.16 lbs empty in salt water

Oh, yeah that would be the case. I have Faber lp108's that are 8 inch, and yeah you can't fit them in anything, so my tanks get their very own spot on my shop's charter boat lol.

Worthington and PST tanks hot dipped galvanized, which is better for preventing rust than the painted zinc coating on the Faber tanks.

ekewaka:
Worthington and PST tanks hot dipped galvanized, which is better for preventing rust than the painted zinc coating on the Faber tanks.
I agree with this for sure. If I was buying new I'd probably go with Worthingtons for that feature. That being said, my Fabers just came back from hydro and vis, and there wasn't a spec of corrosion in or on them, and they are 10 years old.

I post this tank deal on the classified section though.

For the money wise, it must be a good deal. You might pay a high $$$ on a HDG tank. In addition, 100CF size is the most hottest one on sale. That is, you mgiht not be able to see any good deal.

howarde:
I must be thinking of their 117 then.

Faber FX 117 Cubic Foot Steel Cylinder

3442 psi
8.00" Diameter
24.21" Tank Height
38.9 lbs. Tank Weight
negative 9.12 lbs full / 0.16 lbs empty in salt water
Sure, just like Worthington's (or PST's) 119, which is also 8". Or many others, such as LP95s (no matter what manufacturers), etc.

8" tanks don't always fit in tank racks designed for 7.25" tanks. This is not the fault of the tank manufacturer...

Back
Top Bottom