Opinions on my purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to diving! Looks like you did pretty well for the price. The computer is the same brand I used for years and now it's been handed down to my son so you should like it. The only thing for me is the fins and not because they are splits but two things, one they are full foot which I prefer for boat diving in warm water but if shore diving or cold water I like a boot and open heal and two they are floppy and don't do well in current or swell so it depends on were you dive. Just my two cents hope you enjoy your class.

that is awesome to hear on the computer. Lots to figure out with it!
Seems to be the majority opinion on the fins so I may try to sell those and then get something different

that is awesome to hear on the computer. Lots to figure out with it!
Seems to be the majority opinion on the fins so I may try to sell those and then get something different

If the split fins fit, consider using them in class and then borrow some different fins from others if possible and see what you think before you buy. Good observation by @NorCalDM on the foot pocket - something else to consider. Also to consider is how heavy your feet are. Depending on whether they float or sink may dictate the type/brand/material of the fin.

If the split fins fit, consider using them in class and then borrow some different fins from others if possible and see what you think before you buy. Good observation by @NorCalDM on the foot pocket - something else to consider. Also to consider is how heavy your feet are. Depending on whether they float or sink may dictate the type/brand/material of the fin.
Thanks for the suggestion. The dive instructor actually mentioned this thought as well to try them and then see if I could use some others there as well

Hey, How's it going? I already replied to you on the other forum. Glad you found this place. This is a good resource and it's good you found it. You'll learn a lot here. Just try to keep in mind some of the different types of diving a lot of the people here do, so keep your wallet in your pocket for now. There will be a time when you want to upgrade, but for now, you got a good deal on decent gear.

For reference. Renting a full set of gear will probably cost you $80 - $130 per day (2 tanks). It doesn't take a ton of dives after your training checkout dives for you to break even.

Hey, How's it going? I already replied to you on the other forum. Glad you found this place. This is a good resource and it's good you found it. You'll learn a lot here. Just try to keep in mind some of the different types of diving a lot of the people here do, so keep your wallet in your pocket for now. There will be a time when you want to upgrade, but for now, you got a good deal on decent gear.

For reference. Renting a full set of gear will probably cost you $80 - $130 per day (2 tanks). It doesn't take a ton of dives after your training checkout dives for you to break even.
Hey! I’m really glad I found this place too! Lots of people such as yourself that welcome newcomers and are free with the advice. I have scheduled my classes and am going to complete that and do a few dives after with the gear I have and then go from there. Thanks!

You will find that SB is a very advanced and technical diver oriented forum so many posters will steer you towards backplate and wing BCDs, and away from AIR2 and split fins but what you have, if serviced properly and functioning is exactly what 99% of scuba divers out there use and will serve you well for your training and diving.

This!

Remember you are just starting out. Become comfortable with the equipment that the majority of us started on, and then as you and your skills advance, feel free to research more advance gear.

Good Luck and Good Diving!

This!

Remember you are just starting out. Become comfortable with the equipment that the majority of us started on, and then as you and your skills advance, feel free to research more advance gear.

Good Luck and Good Diving!

Appreciate it! That makes me feel more comfortable with what I have. I am excited to get out and give it a try to see what I like and don’t. I won’t know any better so I may think it’s all awesome for now

It IS all awesome for now. You got a bunch of good stuff for a good price.

As you start to do new and different things you may need to swap for new and different pieces of gear.

Or you could dive what you have for a really long time - you won't need much more for a Caribbean dive vacation.

It IS all awesome for now. You got a bunch of good stuff for a good price.

As you start to do new and different things you may need to swap for new and different pieces of gear.

Or you could dive what you have for a really long time - you won't need much more for a Caribbean dive vacation.
I’m excited for the possibilities. We fish offshore three or four times a month so it will be cool to add this to our list of adventures

You did really well. Tanks are in hydro and they are not beat to hell. Regulator, BCD are excellent quality. I would just dive the rap out of this stuff. I use a Air2 and there is nothing wrong with them, SB tends to lean towards back plates and wings and are down on Air2 and splits. I am not a fan of split fins, but I have never used them.... Just dive this rig. When you have the experience, you replace things with what you really want, until then, dive The crap out of this stuff.

Good score

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom