Opinions on Deep Sea Omni Mask.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lalittle

Registered
Reaction score
I have been searching for opinions on the Deep Sea Omni mask (frameless, 2 window, low profile), but I've only seen a couple mentions of it on the web so far (both of them in this forum.) When I saw this at the store, the guy seemed to dismiss it without much thought, saying Deep Sea was not known for masks. It seems to fit me fairly well (which is not easy on my particular face) but I can't help feeling a little odd about it's almost total anonimity on the web -- no reviews, practially no comments (only 2), and so far I haven't even seen it for sale anywhere other than the single store I saw it.

Is there something about this mask that I don't know about? Is there anything "wrong" with it (i.e. inferior build quality or materials)? The guy at the store said it wasn't really a "scuba mask" but that it would work fine for snorkelling. He could not, however, elaborate on what this meant -- i.e. "why" this wouldn't be a good scuba mask. In the end, he admitted that there was no reason behind his comment. Is there something about this mask that could make it "bad" for scuba?

On one hand my instinct is saying that if it seems to work for me, it's fine. On the other hand, I don't understand why there is SO little mention of it. Is it just new?

Thanks for any opinions on this,

Larry

Hey Larry! It's a mask that has been sold under other names in the past by other companies, but it is an older design two-window frameless mask. There have been a few spin-offs on size by other companies, but Deep See just released it as the Omni...a new product for them. Great mask, good fit for many people. Works fine for SCUBA diving (you'll find that most salespeople at LDSs are VERY opinionated for no particular reason other than they don't like it or can't get a good price-point on it...they all seem to be very paranoid about something as well).:crazyeyes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom