Opinions on Beach Cities Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found the Sports Chelet people to be helpful as well, but that being said, I have to admit that there is no comparison to having your local LDS. Only there, I believe, can you build strong relationships with the professionals in your area, and only there can you spend significant amounts of time chatting with the owner/mgr/storekeeper getting tips and tricks. As a relatively new diver, that help has been invaluable. I think that the best way to do it is to take the best of what either the LDS or the bigger store has to offer. That being said, I always worry that spending all my money at the big stores will harm the LDS...and that's why I like to book my boat trips through those LDS.

And Milo, you may not remember, but I've met you a couple of times as I was begun to dive (I'm the guy with a french accent), and you've always been extremely helpful explaining things to me, so I hope you don't take my posts as BCS/LDS bashing.. I wouldn't want to end up with a speargun in my throat on my next dive. :D :bigun2:

drbill:
Milo- Interested to hear that Beach Cities now operates the old Aquatic Center in Newport. I got certified out of that shop in 1969 back when Ron Merker had it. Will definitely stop by on my next visit to that area.

Bringing up an old post but..DrBill you dont happen to remember if Ken Fairbarn was in you cert class in 69 do you. My dad was certified by ron merker that year. my mom got certified there in 71, me in 99, my bro in 2000, and my sister in 2001. we traided the stuffed marlin there for my brothers cert and I was the lifeguard for Mike when he owned the shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom