Opinions on Beach Cities Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Milo- Interested to hear that Beach Cities now operates the old Aquatic Center in Newport. I got certified out of that shop in 1969 back when Ron Merker had it. Will definitely stop by on my next visit to that area.

Beach cities is a good place to go to, the best store to go to is the one in newport beach.They can order things that you need. Sport chalet sucks who ever seems to be supporting them. NOBODY there knows jack **** about diving and the service there sucks. anyway Beach cities scuba Newport has one guy Milo, he's super knowledgable about gear. they carry alot of eqiupment for both rec and tech divers. the instructors are pretty good but if you can push for milo as an instructor. and they don't force anybody to buy their gear and they will try to price match as much as possible. they got all new gear that works great.

divebuddysean
the dana point store did upgrade some but not all of the rental line.mabey soon I hope.
just come see us in newport.
Ann Marie
no trashing intended I think any buisness that is supporting scuba deserves my respect my apologies.
Milo

Well trip postponed for a little due to girlfriends Birthday Dinner, I'll post a report once I've gone (also from what I'm hearing up here in Norcal I probably need to get Dry suit certified, a 5mm Wetsuit with hood/gloves and rasher vest thing just isn't going to cut it!)

FishTaco:
Ann Marie
no trashing intended I think any buisness that is supporting scuba deserves my respect my apologies.
Milo

No harm, no foul. I met a Milo when taking my EFR Instructor's Course with Michael Steidley--is that you?

Are you talking about the HB Sports Chalet or all of them?

Oh, and Milo is a STROKE :wink:
Just kidding Milo! :D
If you go see Milo you don't have to speak Rikanese!
scubasteve313:
Beach cities is a good place to go to, the best store to go to is the one in newport beach.They can order things that you need. Sport chalet sucks who ever seems to be supporting them. NOBODY there knows jack **** about diving and the service there sucks. anyway Beach cities scuba Newport has one guy Milo, he's super knowledgable about gear. they carry alot of eqiupment for both rec and tech divers. the instructors are pretty good but if you can push for milo as an instructor. and they don't force anybody to buy their gear and they will try to price match as much as possible. they got all new gear that works great.

Ann Marie:
No harm, no foul. I met a Milo when taking my EFR Instructor's Course with Michael Steidley--is that you?

Ann Marie
I thought you looked familiar yes I am the same Milo you met at Steidley's house.
Good to hear from you again.

FishTaco:
Ann Marie
I thought you looked familiar yes I am the same Milo you met at Steidley's house.
Good to hear from you again.

Cool. I wondered as I don't know of too many Milo's in diving. Hope things are going well with you!

scubasteve313:
..... NOBODY there knows jack **** about diving........
I know a diver that works at Sports Chalet and she KNOWS Jack...... you just haven't met the right folks..........

JDog:
I know a diver that works at Sports Chalet and she KNOWS Jack...... you just haven't met the right folks..........

:10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom