opinions on air integrated computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have yet to see a valid reason for not using an air intergrated wireless dive computer as a recreational diver.

All that cash is better spent on women and beer!

All that cash is better spent on women and beer!

I disagree

Regarding beer- I don't like the way it tastes, I think that public acceptance of beer is due to clever marketing, and those who drink beer have been brainwashed by smart advertising executives to pay good money on a product that is nothing more than bacteria piss. It has no nutritious value whatsoever, it's fattening, and I'm not going to begin to get into the detrimental effects of alcohol.

Regarding women- Why is this "spending money" only in one direction? How about the women, spend money on US?

I hate that "old fashioned values" crap... men are supposed to treat the women all the time but when it comes to 'equal rights' those same women will be the ones holding up the signs and protesting.

And if you're thinking the only way to get a woman to "be" with you is to throw money at her, well than you got bigger problems than trying to decide on whether or not to carry an air integrated dive computer.

I am going to respectfully request that fnlfaman and all other ScubaBoard members refrain from using analogies that have references to "icing" or "cake" or "frosting" when making their points.

I'm really trying to get below 220 lbs, and it's not easy. I read a post like this, and I start to salivate.

Okay, how about if you have a baguette, you don't need either the Roqueforte or the jambon?

Or if you have some nice slices of green apples, you don't need either the Gorgonzola nor the prosciutto on top of it?

jeez i seem to have made a big debate here!
The fact that there are alot of pros and cons suggested here is alot to take in. When I have the funds I will go and look. and ask some questions!

It's very simple. You don't need a computer, much less an AI computer. End of story.

However, if you want to maximize your bottom time, then you would want to use a computer, especially for rec diving since that you don't know what depth you're going to remain at for however long.

If you want the capability to calculate remaining bottom time based on air consumption as well as NDL time then either learn how to do it in your head or get an AI computer.

Once again, computers are not a necessity. They are far from being necessary. They are just conveniences, no more no less.

Okay, how about if you have a baguette, you don't need either the Roqueforte or the jambon?

Or if you have some nice slices of green apples, you don't need either the Gorgonzola nor the prosciutto on top of it?

Prosciutto...the BEST deli meat on the face of this planet...throw some thinly sliced on hero bread...some chips...wash it all down with a Peach Snapple

DAMN YOU

And THAT ^^ is what is so very cool about an Air Integrated computer.

Not really in my opinion. I had an air integrated computer for I guess 150 dives? (can't remember exactly) and found it nice to have. My computer's battery died on a holiday so I went to a wrist computer + SPG. I didn't miss the AI computer at all, which was a huge surprise to me. I just don't need it as I know what my air pressure is going to be roughly. I also know how much it will start to drop at certain breathing rates as well as how my remaining dive time will increase if I ascend a bit.

I was really surprised that I didn't miss it at all. I never wore it again after the battery died, I got the battery replaced, sold it and bought a non-AI computer and had some money left over for other nice things.

One of the best things about an AI computer is to download your breathing rate after the dive. The spikes will synch with your dive camera's picture time of the cool creatures you see!! Of course, it will only if you are a techie that learned how to set the dive camera's time, and how to download the dive to your computer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom