Opinions about the Keys Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajanet

Registered
Reaction score
We are considering a trip to the Keys next June and looking for recommendations. We have a family of 4. Two kids 7 and 10. My husband and I are AOW divers.

1. Where would you stay for two weeks? (Must include kitchen and pool)

2. What dive ops do you like? (We don't like cattle boats)

3. Our 10 yr old would like to get his Jr Open Water. What dive op would you recommend?

4. What are your favorite dive sites?

5. Is there any shore diving?

scubajanet:
We are considering a trip to the Keys next June and looking for recommendations. We have a family of 4. Two kids 7 and 10. My husband and I are AOW divers.

3. Our 10 yr old would like to get his Jr Open Water. What dive op would you recommend?

1. No recommendations on this... I stay at the Hungry Pelican because it's cheap.

2. Silent World, Island Ventures and DiversCity are the ones I typically use.

3. Island Ventures and DiversCity have good instructors... recommend American Pro Diving in Crystal River too!

4. City of Washington, Benwood, Elbow, Carysfort Reef, Carysfort Lighthouse, Snapper Ledge, Pickles Reef, Speigel Grove, Duane, Bibb, Eagle

5. Haven't done any in 8 visits to Key Largo, sorry

Marina Del Mar in Key Largo is decent. They have suites with full kitchen. They have a pool and if you stay there you can also use the pool at the other hotel on the property. Bar, restaraunt, dive shop and marina all on site.

Couldn't say. Never used any

Depends what type of diving you want to do.

Not that I've heard of. You can go to John Pennecamp and snorkel in the park but the reef is pretty much all dead.

keys are great site to go to

but, the costs of going down there are just crazy.

As far as dive operations I did Amy Slates Amoray, and I most say that I enjoyed their dive operations. they did have a resort stay in with apt kind setup. They have instruction and I believe on my last trip with them they had a Jr certification course as well.

http://www.amoray.com/

if it was up to me I would change it up and do some Ft.Lauderdale , Keys combo as you would get the best of both worlds

Keys for wonderful waters and life

Ft.Lauderdale for their incredible wrecks and beach diving :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom