opinions about Spearfishing and Lobster with an SMS???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phantomrider09

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im going to be venturing into the worls of Sidmount. I am a tech diver used to diving back doubles. I do ALOT of spearfishing and lobstering. 99% of my dives I have a gun in my hand. Can someone or everyone please give me some input on your experience. It sucks that I have to spend the money before I can find out for myself.......Thanks for the help guys

Sidemount in theory is great off of a boat in NJ if you stay at the same site, boat captains will hang a gear line in the water for you to clip on off bottles. I have used it off the coast. Seems like some of the captains didn't like it as there was no boots on the tanks, had to put a gear line in for the tanks when they normally they didn't. I can tell your first hand YOU WILL NOT FIT up a ladder with lp 95 tanks on. I will say that when the ocean was rough making the back clip (one over your butt) on the tanks can be really fun.I did like it when we stayed at one sight and could enter the water with the tanks on exist water on the ladder with no tanks. Second dive was jump over and sling the tanks. Depending on how the tanks ride (full) you may have to carry your gun or spear a pinch differently.

Back
Top Bottom